Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
susucosp

Drives: toyota yaris
need help on my 2008 yaris compress clutch

anyone has a good compressor "clutch" only for sale. my compressor is fine but the clutch is messed up a little bit when my yaris water pump broke, the belt broke, the belt stuck in the compressor clutch so the clutch is a little warp. i do not want to buy a rebuild compressor for close to $500 for a little warp clutch. the compressor is fine. since the clutch is warp a little, when the car is not used air conditioning, there is a little noise. when the air conditioning is on, the noise seem to be lower. now, i hear there is a little grinding noise so i do not know if the clutch bearing ( i do not know if there is a bearing in the clutch for the compressor assembly or not ). i am not 100% sure if the grinding noise is coming from the warp clutch. it may come from the "idler" which receive the belt from the compressor clutch. is there any bears in the "idler"? do anyone know? can anyone tell me how the air compressor assembly connected to the clutch? one of my car repair shop tell me that changing the clutch will cost more than changing the whole assembly? i do know that yaris only sell the whole assembly completed not the clutch alone. this is really suck!

i also guess may be the water pump is able to fail soon? so the grinding noise may possibly be from the water pump? the grinding noises are heard within the area of accelerator, idler, compressor area.

any ideas?
susucosp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, compressor