Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
yarbaby

Drives: 07Corolla
5-Door Mods Please

Hi,

I'm newly registered to the forum, been looking for some time. I am looking for a replacement to my 2007 Corolla, 5sp, CE(lease ending soon). I like the look of the 3-door, but I have a family and the extra doors of the 5-door may be nice to have.

I have noticed there is a shortage of 5-door w/ or w/o Mods??? Are there not that many on the road yet...or the people who are buying this car is not on this forum?

HELP!...please post pictures of your car and tell me more about the mods you plan if any.

Thanks.
yarbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
I have a kid and getting her in and out of her car seat isnt really a problem in my 3 door.

As for there not being that many 5 doors on here is cause the car just came out in the US so there isnt going to be that many USDM mods for it yet.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Well, some of us Canadian have gotten 5 door LB because we have it available before 2006 here.
I saw a lot of us have 5 door rather than 3 door because of the convenience for others to get in and out I think.

Some of the front and rear view if it helps, and the spec is in my garage.

Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 PM   #4
yarbaby

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthbauer View Post
I have a kid and getting her in and out of her car seat isnt really a problem in my 3 door.

As for there not being that many 5 doors on here is cause the car just came out in the US so there isnt going to be that many USDM mods for it yet.
I have two children and they both love the 3-door.

I like the 3-door look more than the 5-door...because of this site, I'm really messed-up, there are just so many good looking 3 or 5-door cars...life is good!!!

I want a manual, but if Toyota doesn't change its mind soon...I may have to decide to get the automatic.

I am anxious to see what you are doing to your cars...
Old 11-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
yarbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Well, some of us Canadian have gotten 5 door LB because we have it available before 2006 here.
I saw a lot of us have 5 door rather than 3 door because of the convenience for others to get in and out I think.

Some of the front and rear view if it helps, and the spec is in my garage.

Sweet ride...I wish we had the 5-speed...although some say auto/manual, it doesn't matter, because there is not enough power.

This will be my "hot-rod, commuter, family tourer, grocery getter, race car, low rider, get kids to school, get-it-done, Car"...that is why I am asking about the 5-speed.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
honestly, if youre hauling around 4ppl and stuff, the sedan is better than the 3/5dr...

we have a 3dr yaris and an aveo sedan.....there just isnt room behind the seats in the yaris for 4ppl and their luggage....plus w/ the trunk the aveo can fit 8' long pieces of trim, baseboard and etc in it.... ;)
Old 11-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
check out my garage, we only have the 5-door here

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
yarbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
check out my garage, we only have the 5-door here
I have many times and all I can do is drool and whine that i can't have a car with your options...nice car
Old 12-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
yarbaby

Help...there was a start and then a pause. I would like to see what is being done in USA and Canada because this will be the car I will get.

I still want to see the cars from around the world...!!!

4 door hatchback dreaming!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:10 AM   #10
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
i have a question... you have a corolla.. and you want to switch to a smaller car ?
the 07 corolla has a bigger engine BUT.. it consumes equally with the yaris.

I just think you should buy back the corolla instead of investing in a new yaris. UNLESS, you really want a new car and/or that you are sick of having a sedan and really want to get that newly out yaris and start going really crazy about it.

I say you will NOT like the yaris after owning a corolla.... I find the hatchback not as comfortable than a corolla (I would probably say the same about my sedan)... and you will really hate the road noise...

anyways... my 2 cents.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 AM   #11
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Bayou Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
i have a question... you have a corolla.. and you want to switch to a smaller car ?

I just think you should buy back the corolla instead of investing in a new yaris. UNLESS, you really want a new car and/or that you are sick of having a sedan and really want to get that newly out yaris and start going really crazy about it.

I say you will NOT like the yaris after owning a corolla.... I find the hatchback not as comfortable than a corolla (I would probably say the same about my sedan)... and you will really hate the road noise...

anyways... my 2 cents.
The car I had before this 5-door Yaris is 2003 Corolla, which is pretty much the same as 2007 Corolla.
If I felt the same way as I did, then I wouldn't have bought the 2nd one for my wife
Old 12-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #12
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Toyota/Yaris
Old 12-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetzyamis View Post
The car I had before this 5-door Yaris is 2003 Corolla, which is pretty much the same as 2007 Corolla.
If I felt the same way as I did, then I wouldn't have bought the 2nd one for my wife
Each his own really...
I'm sure you can fit more strollers in the hatchback than a corolla sedan... but for having driven both in long distance in road trips find the corolla so much a better ride.. comfort wise than a yaris.

I know i will not keep my yaris as a family car... it will mostly be my daily commute/groceries shopping car. but for now it's just my everything car.. from racing to weekend night out.. hehe..
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #14
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Hi Yarbaby and welcome to the forum. We have a 5-door LB with quite a bit of mods already done. Visit my YarisWorld Garage.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
yarbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benggolf2 View Post
Hi Yarbaby and welcome to the forum. We have a 5-door LB with quite a bit of mods already done. Visit my YarisWorld Garage.
Benggolf:

Thanks you for the welcome. Your pictures are nice. How does the car respond with the automatic transmission? How is the ride at the lowered height?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
yarbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post

anyways... my 2 cents.

IllusionX:

Thanks for your straight talk. The reasons I am looking to change out my corolla:

- My lease will expire in less than a year

- I have a very difficult time getting use to the way she steers on the highway...I have to constantly correct the streering...it will not stay on center

- I need room in my garage...I am looking at a Mini...but the cost is difficult to justify.

If I get a Yaris, it will be my daily commute car. I have a Madza 5 for the family/road trip thing. But I would like to have a car I can dash around in and carry my 2-kids and get good gas mileage...

If you need a low mileage corolla...mine is for sale!!!!