Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Body Side Molding

My wife and I installed body side molding on our LB today. I purchased the guards on e-bay (http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlawnmaster7) and they were very easy to install - once my wife did all the measuring. We deviated from the sellers instructions a bit and installed the molding in a slightly different location than recommended. The seller matched the color exactly and they seem like a quality product - well worth the money. I'll try and post photos in a day or two. Overall the project took about an hour and they look really good. I had some reservations about breaking up the lines of the car, but I was afraid that someone would ding the side of the car with their door. Has anyone else installed side moldings?
Old 12-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
LOL...my last car i owned came with side moldings from the factory and all the enthusiasts HATED them and one of the first mods was to get rid of it...but you want to put it on...lol...everyone has a differant opinion i guess :p

on the plus side it will help keep your doors from getting dinged up by wayward shoppingcarts and soccer moms kids getting out of their SUVs.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
I love the look of a clean car and the Yaris has really great lines - but man, the mall can be hard on a car!
Old 12-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
I've thought about it, but I like the clean look of it without it. I still might put it on though at a later date. Also you could've probably bought it cheaper from Toyota of Canada $140 CD dealer installed.
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
The problem with side moldings is that unless its a small car that opens the door its gonna hit pretty high up on the side of the car. The rear doors of my truck would actually hit the windows of the yaris and the front doors would probably hit the crease.

The Yaris door contacts my trucks molding, my PT door hit the molding and my Neon actually contacted the running board first.

I have a couple of nice gouges in the trucks molding so that is all it really takes to make you appreciate them.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
H2XcapePod

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
The problem with side moldings is that unless its a small car that opens the door its gonna hit pretty high up on the side of the car. The rear doors of my truck would actually hit the windows of the yaris and the front doors would probably hit the crease.

The Yaris door contacts my trucks molding, my PT door hit the molding and my Neon actually contacted the running board first.

I have a couple of nice gouges in the trucks molding so that is all it really takes to make you appreciate them.
sounds like someone needs to be more careful with their toys...
H2XcapePod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:30 AM   #7
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
doesnt seem very practical for them to be that low, especially considering the shape of the door.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote