Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
Ecefour

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Question LED recommendations?

I live in the country where the deer are rampant, and the closest streetlight is miles away. As a result, I was not impressed with the stock headlight output. I ended up replacing them with Sylvania SILVERSTARs. I really liked them, but they have an abysmal lifespan (failed after 6 months). I'm tired of taking off the stupid bumper every few months. I believe I have two ways forward:

1. Replace the headlights with LEDs.

2. Reinstall the stock Toyota headlight bulbs and install the brightest LEDs i can find in the fog light housing. That way I can turn off the fogs when I'm in the city and not blind other drivers. Problem is obviously fogs were not designed for this and might not direct the light in an effective way.

Any other ways to improve my light output without sacrificing reliability will be appreciated.
Ecefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:21 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
LED's suck....they are bright but have a rapid fall off IE they "look" bright but the depth of field is too short

HID is what you want...everyone thinks what we see on new cars is all LED..and "some" of it is but the majority of the actual lighting is HID, the accents are LED but highly tuned lenses for them...so FORGET led

innovited is cheep and reliable and has become my GOTO on everything...go for an 6000k-10000k bulb anything brighter or dimmer is a waste, also do the same in the fogs, youll have the same light output as some of the newwest cars on the road
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote