Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
MeggiemobileSFLA

Drives: yaris sedan
Alarm System

I didnt get a alarm with my Yaris when i bought it. Anyone have suggestions about what i should get? Should i stick with Toyota brand or go somehwere that does alarm systems? I dont want anything boot on my new ride
MeggiemobileSFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
My recommendation:
Steel mate 888A - 2 way car alarm system with remote engine start

It has saved my car from been stolen TWICE!!! not by making noise but by letting me know in the controller...

Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
I was able to get a Viper 791xv (which has since been supersceded by an almost identical model with a longer range) alarm w/pager + remote start for less than Toyota wanted just to add keyless entry.

Take away the remote start and you can save a ton, though I'm not positive how many models offer the 2-way pager without it.

As for brands, I don't really have enough experience to say hands down that one is better than another. I had a Python system on my old car and now a Viper on this one, both from Directed, who have several more brands to boot. I typically hear positive things baout them, but I don't assume that just because they're the biggest name in the business, they're automatically the best. I would say go to a shop that specializes in alarms and compare features and prices. I probably wouldn't buy the cheapest thing available, especially if it were from a brand I'd never heard of, but something a step or two up from that, with a decent warranty...
St_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
clayky

Drives: '07 Yaris S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggiemobileSFLA View Post
I didnt get a alarm with my Yaris when i bought it. Anyone have suggestions about what i should get? Should i stick with Toyota brand or go somehwere that does alarm systems? I dont want anything boot on my new ride

I was in the same boat. Toyota around here wanted close to $700 for just the keyless! I had Viper installed which includes keyless for $270.
clayky is offline   Reply With Quote