Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Kaaz LSD install / review

First off, I want to give kudos to Micro Image for having these in stock. Also to Jeff for having extended knowledge of the products he sells.
This install is definitely not for the average Joe, so beware. I have put lsd's in the Scion tC many times, along with a few other fwd cars. This one is most difficult ( fifth gear syncro is a pita to remove). Along with the LSD, I used the guts from a near new Yaris trans because I wanted the taller gearing. The casing from the Yaris trans has a few differences, otherwise I would have used the whole trans. Removing the 5th gear syncro hub on the xA xB trans, is nearly impossible without breaking... The Yaris 5th gear syncro hub is tapped so a bolt style puller can be used, so Toyota must have known they screwed up ( on the xA trans) lol. Good thing I had a Yaris transmission to use the parts from!
I will post a better performance review soon, I have a auto x this weekend and a circuit cross ( high speed auto x on a road coarse) next weekend. But I can tell you, that an LSD is a must have for a competitive autocrosser. The difference is night and day. When you get on the accelerator in a turn, the car pulls into the turn tighter and retains traction.... Completely the opposite without an LSD. The circuit cross on
the 25th at VIR consists of a few off camber turns along with one entering the back strait, the LSD should shine.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote