Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, and a Yaris?

I walked by the TV last night as my daughter was watching music videos and suddenly there's a Yaris in the middle of a video. It turns out it was Chris Brown's "Next 2 You" featuring Justin Bieber. I found the video on line and here's the Yaris in it (although I thought I saw another scene with Chris Brown standing the Yaris):

Name:  Yaris - Next 2 You sm.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  36.0 KB
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
yPod09
All black everything.

Drives: '09 5dr All black.
HAHA, Good eyes! Thanks for posting this!

The guy on the show Psych drives an older one, same color as yours, but the original, square backed hatch.
yPod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
Aiko Cargo

Drives: 2000 Fun Cargo
Cool shot!
Aiko Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yPod09 View Post
The guy on the show Psych drives an older one, same color as yours, but the original, square backed hatch.
Actually, that show is what first got me into the Yaris! While it's set in Santa Barbara, California, it is actually filmed in White Rock, British Columbia, Canada as well as Vancouver and various locations around the Lower Mainland as backdrops; hence the Canadian-specs 5-door first generation Yaris (we had the Echo coupe here, never the hatchback)...

What's odd is that when they do the "local" filler shots in Santa Barbara (just to show some of the local landmarks to give the impression that the actors are in Santa Barbara), they do use a second-generation US-specs Yaris...

Still, it's a great show and I will always be grateful for it getting me into the Yaris!

Cheers! M2
Old 01-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
yPod09
All black everything.

Drives: '09 5dr All black.
WOW! I have only watched it a couple of times recently, and didn't see any shots of the US version. That is bizarre that they would use the two different models. Seems like an obvious thing to notice. Thanks for the pictures!

I saw a Yaris covered in snow while watching the winter x-games on ESPN last night. They were showing the town of Aspen.
yPod09 is offline   Reply With Quote