Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
kaericarroll
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris
2008 Yaris: Replaced stereo, dimmer switch & climate lights no longer work?

Hey everybody! I have a 2008 Yaris hatchback that I bought new in 2008. She's my baby, and when the CD player died in 2015, I replaced it with a Pioneer that worked great (even if the accessory power never worked so the clock was always wrong.) Anyway, the cheapie Pioneer stereo died this week, so I got an even cheaper one. I connected the wires for the new cheapie stereo to the converter harness for the old one, put everything back together and - viola! - new cheapie works - and even keeps the time. I felt like a badass... until the next night I realized my three climate control knobs are dead dark, no back lighting - and the dashboard dimmer switch does nothing. (The flashers work, the a/c button light turns on, and the rear defrost button light turns on.) Pulled the fuse for the "gauges" and it's fine.. anybody know which fuse controls the backlight of those three climate control knobs?
kaericarroll is offline   Reply With Quote