Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-06-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
gedster314

Drives: Asolute Red 15 Yaris
Another one bites the dust and shocked

In 2017 I bought a 2015 Yaris L for my mom from Hertz. I paid $9kish and it had 38K miles. It was a trouble free 3 years. Last week the Yaris was parked in front of my mom's house and someone plowed into the front and pushed it back into another car. Front+Rear damage and when they were loading it on to the flatbed they could not put the car into neutral or drive, only reverse was available. I knew right then it was totaled. I looked on Edmunds and the value was about $6500. That sucks!

Yesterday got a call from the adjuster, they looked at local dealer prices, adjusted for mileage and condition. They settled for $11.3K. My mom's french made Yaris had aged like a fine French wine and grew in value.

Now I get to enter into the used car shopping hell again. Not going for a Yaris this time. My mom liked it but I drove it a few times to get service done and interior was too cheap and creaked too much. I did think it was peppy for around use. Probably will look for a Matrix or Corolla. I'm going to look at a Scion TC later today, that would be a fun zippy car for mom. Mom said no boxy XB or Rav4, too big for her.
gedster314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
$11,300 seems like a lot!! Wow!

I know what you mean about the creaking sounds. My new 2012 was creaky as heck, but my 2017 is less creaky.
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Ugh, sorry to hear that. On a positive note, new rides are always fun. Let us know what you find.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:56 AM   #4
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
If you can wait a month or so for a replacement I would definitely do that. The used car bubble is nuts right now which is why she got paid well for the car.