Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
AutoXBot

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
Fuel Economy W/ Performance Mods

Hey guys, I just recently bought a 2009 4 dr. Yaris hatch with automatic transmission. I'm really impressed with the MPG I am getting with the car, BUT performance wise not so much. I wanted to find out if adding the following to my Yaris would drastically improve or hurt my MPG:

-NST Under drive crank pulley

-Aftermarket exhaust (looking towards Tanabe or Nitto, which one is better?) Also will the aftermarket exhaust drag if I were to lower with some NF210 on 16'' wheels?

-Megan Racing Headers

Do any (by itself or combination) of the above affect my MPG? Right now everything is stock and only have 900 miles on the engine and have been getting 38 mpg. I mostly drive highway and don't want the MPG to lower. I want an increase in performance (mainly the 0-40 mph acceleration), and most importantly increase or maintain my current MPG. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help/knowledge.
AutoXBot is offline   Reply With Quote