Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
5thhorseman

Drives: 07 yaris sedan polar white
questions from a nub

hello all,i bought a 2007 base yaris sedan with 111,000 miles on it for $4000.,it is in pretty good shape but was the filthiest car i have ever seen,it was so bad i took it to a detail shop and gladly paid for them to clean it.the car was owned by a nurse and she got a new suv and wanted to dump it,she originally had it posted for $7500. lol.but after it sat on cl for 3 months she was ready to let it go at a reasonable price,the car fax is clean but i have a airbag light on and do not know if this is common,but it will go out when i first crank it up and back up but once im in drive it comes on again,it has to be a sensor or something.i also have a couple of questions, 1) i want to put a cheap cold air intake on it 2) i want to put a exhaust on it cat back axle back i dont care i just want a little sound but do not want to go deaf at 80 mph 3) cheap wheels and where to get them,help me out guys,the car is a auto trans,i work offshore and drive it 300 miles to work then 300 miles home every 14 days,[it has already made 3 trips] plus i drive it around town at home,[ sorry about my typing im on my tablet ] i have been looking on ebay and have seen intakes for $50, and bolt on axle back exhausts for $99. has anybody used them ?,the exhausts say off road only,is this a concern. ps i will post some pics as soon as i can get them up.
5thhorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
1) Throw on anything from microimageonline.com
2) no idea. someone else answer this one.
3) tire rack has some good deals on wheels, and again, microimageonline.com

The consensus on the forum on flea-bay deals is that they're cheap, so expect the quality which results to be along the lines of "you get what you pay for."

For wheels i'd look into some ultralights... Garm from microimage helped me out with some and it was a fantastic investment. They boosted my mpg considerably, most notably the around-town.

As far as the airbag light goes... what exactly is going on with it? Is it staying on after you're driving with nothing in the seat?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
5thhorseman

airbag

Yeah it stays on I would like to diagnose it without paying a dealership,this is my work car and run around town sled,I do not want to turn my deal into a no deal chasing a airbag light lol,thanx for the info
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
This sounds like a job for CTScott.

I dont fool much with electrical stuff :l.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's a thread with info on how to read the current trouble codes from the SRS:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...d=1#post557473
Old 04-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
5thhorseman

cool

s0 i guess u think i need to reset it then,and if it keeps blinking out the same code is there a thread that tells me what i need to go buy to fix it, thanks a bunch,
Old 04-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
whats a nub? last i checked that was a cigar.. .lol as for mods, check out through the forums. im sure there are many recommendations.