Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2022, 01:05 PM   #19
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
i pulled up dodsons as soon as i saw this...no listing for toyota?

id genuinly be curious as to what a set of tail lights shipped to the US would run..especialy if you can get a set of the clear stove pipes

especialy with the exchange of about 1=1.6
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:51 PM   #20
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
i pulled up dodsons as soon as i saw this...no listing for toyota?

id genuinly be curious as to what a set of tail lights shipped to the US would run..especialy if you can get a set of the clear stove pipes

especialy with the exchange of about 1=1.6
This clear stove pipes was the only ones ive seen for sale from wreckers so far, they are very, very rare as they are the RS factory option (you had to pay more when you ordered your new rs to have the clear tail lights)

the full red is the standard, the red+clear is next most rare and then the clear options are the most rare vitz/yaris lights.

https://partsworld.co.nz/parts/toyota here stock chanegs as they get different cars. First in first served.

Last edited by Compeer; 11-29-2022 at 02:29 AM.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:20 AM   #21
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
anonymous stylie is still doing containers, they are just not sourcing parts for you, you must find the part you want yourself, i just bought a vitz rs trd spoiler
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 01:56 AM   #22
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
This clear stove pipes was the only ones ive seen for sale from wreckers so far, they are very, very rare as they are the RS factory option (you had to pay more when you ordered your new rs to have the clear tail lights)

the full red is the standard, the red+clear is next most rare and then the clear options are the most rare vitz/yaris lights.
that actualy helps make a lil more sense..if i understand?
so theres the
red background red lens rs
red background clear lens rs
chrome background clear lens rs

do i have that right?...i wondered why some of them look WAY more "washed out" than others and red on red would do that, where the clear on red would be more "crisp"
Old 11-29-2022, 05:25 AM   #23
Compeer

Yes thats correct, then there was the led normal vits option lights and the normal leds lights and then the normal light bulb ones.

and front we just got hid or not but they both look the same visually.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #24
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Quote:
at that point it would be cheeper to fly to japan yourself and bring it back as a carryon even if you had to buy an extra seat to put it in..or hell fly to japan and work a deal with one of the shippers who bring cars over and bring a WHOLE yaris over...and pack it with extra goodies while your there.....you can get the "cheep" low mile ones shipped for about 2500..that leaves ya 1500 to go do it yourself
Can't. As far as I know I can't even get a car into Canada unless its 15 years old or older, even if its just a parts car. I'd probably have to wait till 2026 and import a very early 2011 RS G's.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 11:05 PM   #25
Compeer

So yesterday I started the car up and noticed it spat some rust out the back, upon inspection I could see a hole with a crack and what looked like jb weld..So i got my screw driver and picked out the jb weld and bashed around and this was the result. I think it was jb welded and painted black.

So thats why it was cheap, it had been bogged up.

Anyway it sounded mint so i was not about to give up on it, so onwards with the rebuild!

I started by cutting out the rusted part of the flange with a chisel that I sharpened almost every strike, then shook all the rusty crap out that had been held by the old burnt fiberglass which I had pulled out. I sprayed a shit load of rust treatment inside and made sure I had removed the actual corroded parts entirely.I used long strand woven fiberglass mat cut into large strips to restuff and stuffed it until I could not get anymore in.

I took it to a local exhuast shop to have a new flange welded in. Was not the best welds because he could not get any angle on it but it will get covered in soot and now the exhuast will be good for another 10 years and sounds mint again! Its also a nice thick piece of exhaust pipe so it will last way longer than the original sheet metal did.

Can see I bent up the tip a little bit doing it, I need a bit of pipe that perfectly fits in there to bang it straight on. I will give it a single squirt of some black exhuast paint to hide it too..itl burn off but itl stay black and burnt. I actually watched some motor cycle exhaust repacking vids and through that seen some guys with sick motorcycle exhausts on their small engined cars ahha.

Also don't look at all the wax on the paint, I did a half ass job of polishing it the other day.
Old 12-17-2022, 01:22 PM   #26
sh0rtlife

at the tip ANY paint will work really it doesnt get hot enough

as for the miron bends in the tip, a tiny brass hammer or tiny hard plastic hamer is bes for that kind of work...honestly due to location and size i dont think id bother as it looks like its hollow and any force you put on it will likely just crush it instead of removing dents

nice fix tho
Old 12-17-2022, 02:45 PM   #27
Compeer

Quote:
at the tip ANY paint will work really it doesnt get hot enough

as for the miron bends in the tip, a tiny brass hammer or tiny hard plastic hamer is bes for that kind of work...honestly due to location and size i dont think id bother as it looks like its hollow and any force you put on it will likely just crush it instead of removing dents

nice fix tho
Yeah its just to hide the boogers, they stand out like sore thumb right now and make the exhaust scream "hacked and modified" to any police behind me.

I used to get harrased by the cops as a young fellah and now I try to make sure the car doesnt look "boy racer", it was one of the main reasons i took the old crazy cracked trd sticker pack off, to much attention.

And cheers the sound was so damn good and the car felt so much nicer to drive I was really bummed when I seen the holes! Stoked the repair turned out good.

With manual being able to hear the car rev range before 3 grand is amazing, even with the trd exhaust the car was unreadable by sound until 3 grand as you could not hear it. Sounds weird but that alone made rev matching gears easier.
Old 12-18-2022, 01:54 AM   #28
sh0rtlife

as someone who grew up on dirt bikes i totaly understand sound levels and gear matching

and ive had tons of cop magnets and still do...tho they are less intrested in hotrods n classics these days and go after the rice rice baby
Old 12-19-2022, 01:22 AM   #29
Compeer

Quote:
as someone who grew up on dirt bikes i totaly understand sound levels and gear matching

and ive had tons of cop magnets and still do...tho they are less intrested in hotrods n classics these days and go after the rice rice baby
Yeah a quiet exhaust sucks for manuals transmission and a loud exhausrt sucks for auto cause they sound bad!
Old 12-19-2022, 02:16 AM   #30
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
Yeah a quiet exhaust sucks for manuals transmission and a loud exhausrt sucks for auto cause they sound bad!
eh depends on how/when it shift...speaking in general that is..no idea how it is on the yaris specificly, but on by 69 cuda it sounds GREAT..but its also a full manual valve body LOL
Old 12-19-2022, 06:34 AM   #31
Compeer

Quote:
eh depends on how/when it shift...speaking in general that is..no idea how it is on the yaris specificly, but on by 69 cuda it sounds GREAT..but its also a full manual valve body LOL
Yeah not a cvt, they sound god aweful with an exhaust on them. A friend has a wingroad with an axleback 1.5ltr with cvt and it sounds like its trying to change gear the entire time it drives!
Old 12-19-2022, 01:04 PM   #32
sh0rtlife

well its a cvt ..it IS changing gear all the time LOL
Old 12-20-2022, 04:24 AM   #33
Compeer

Quote:
well its a cvt ..it IS changing gear all the time LOL