Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
Raconteur

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback (x2)
Question Wrapping My Hatch (Removing Parts?)

Hey all,

Officially a brand new member here as of yesterday!

I'm trying to find out the most correct way to temporarily remove the rear wiper blade assembly and the trunk handle of my 07 hatchback. I'm also wondering if I can easily remove the spoiler support nub at the top too.

I'm wrapping a few parts of the car starting this weekend. The majority of what I'm wrapping is simple enough, but I'd like to be able to remove these parts of the hatch so I can just toss on a clean sheet without having to use too much guess work on where to make the necessary cuts.

I've tried to search the site sight for any hints as to how to best accomplish this, but to no avail.

If somebody could point me in the right direction or offer up some tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by Raconteur; 09-24-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Raconteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Wiper mount and hatch release removal becomes pretty much obvious once you've removed the inner hatch panel. Not sure about spoiler "nubs". I would assume first step would be dropping the headliner.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
Raconteur

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback (x2)
That makes sense. I took another gander at the panel on my break and, yeah, it looks pretty straight forward now. I'll poke around some more about the nub, my hope is that it's only held on by adhesive, but we'll see.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
What spoiler are we talking about? The roof mounted wing spoiler or hatch mounted lip spoiler. If either are factory installed, then hardware will be involved. If aftermarket, then adhesive alone may be doing the job. With either type of spoiler, if hardware is holding them, there will be two access covers along the top of the spoiler.