Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
spoonzz

Drives: 5D YR 2012 Auto
side mirrors with indicators on 2012 Yaris help

Hi all,

So I've been giving my 2012 yaris a little face lift and would like to change the stock side mirrors to side mirrors with indicator lights however I have no idea how it should be done.

This is what the stock lights and connection look like -
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/GBAAA...se/s-l1600.jpg

And these are the ones I'd like to have one day -
https://image-cdn.beforward.jp/autop...230_f1c5df.jpg
https://image-cdn.beforward.jp/autop...230_0b2735.jpg

Does anyone know what's required to get this functioning as 'normal' aka electronic mirrors and having the indicators work. I am assuming, half of the connection (the circle) would have to be wired to the original connections for the electronic mirrors to function?

And for the indicator lights, I'd assume the little square connection would have to be wired and tap into the indicator lights? I have no idea haha.

Thanks
spoonzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:44 PM   #2
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
First of all you'll need the plug ends that match the JDM wiring. The plugs required can be acquired from a zre182 corolla here in Australia. You'll also need a new mirror switch if these are the electric folding type.

As far as wiring goes, you should be able to make a loom up that runs from the mirror switch to each of the mirrors that goes the electric folding sorted. This would have to be spliced into an ignition power source, possibly triggering a relay to run that switch. You'd then have to locate and splice into the side indicators. However, I'm not sure if you'd be able to run both the side indicators and the mirror indicators at the same time, or whether adding two additional indicators will screw with the resistance on those circuits.

I was originally looking at buying the mirrors purely for the electric folding function as opposed to the integrated indicators. While they look better, I don't think it's worth the hassle.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
spoonzz

Thanks appreciate the response and information!

They fold? I had no idea! I just wanted the indicator lights and still have the function of being able to move the mirrors with the switch.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:59 AM   #4
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
Not all of them fold, but the ones with 7 wires (from memory) do have electric fold. It's not auto though and is driven from a button on the mirror switch. You can get the same switch from a zre152 (2010 - 2012) corolla.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #5
spoonzz

Thanks, I'm gonna see if I can get the connection plugs and switch from a wrecker and work from there