Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #19
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchlite View Post
Surprised actually that others have not commented yet?
Hard for folks to chime in when nobody has experience with this kit. Someone contemplated this exact kit a while back but that thread never went anywhere. The general consensus is, for this car, rear discs are primarily a cosmetic mod. No real braking performance gains to be had. Lot of money for cosmetics.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:04 PM   #20
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Hard for folks to chime in when nobody has experience with this kit. Someone contemplated this exact kit a while back but that thread never went anywhere. The general consensus is, for this car, rear discs are primarily a cosmetic mod. No real braking performance gains to be had. Lot of money for cosmetics.
Yeah, I'm really fence-sitting on this one after further consideration. I think it would look great, but I'd need more empirical evidence that it would help with braking in any measurable way. I can't see how the braking would be balanced as the braking system would be designed to work with a specific piston (rear wheel cylinders) surface area and stroke. I'm no fluid dynamics engineer, but logic tells me that the larger caliper pistons would have to affect the dynamics. I question whether or not the company would do the necessary research to tune the braking accurately. I think you're bang on, WeeYari, when you say no one has experience with the kit, therefore folks might be reluctant to attempt the conversion. Again it would look great, especially with my 16" narrow spoked wheels, IMO, but there are too many unknowns. For my own setup, probably a good set of pads, like the Hawks, would be the best approach. Maybe, even the SE 275mm discs, xD or Corolla caliper and master cylinder would be a good option too. Despite all of the aforementioned, I'll be watching youtube and checking the web occasionally for anyone that has done the conversion. I'll keep this kit in the back of my mind.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 10-14-2020 at 10:15 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote