Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
Turbo verso

Drives: Yaris t sport, yaris verso
1.5 t sport into yaris verso swap (soon to be boosted!)

Hi,

I've just joined the forum. I've built for my dad a yaris verso (it's a big ugly yaris in the UK if you didn't get this model in your countries) and I've fitted the complete yaris t sport or vitz rs running gear, not to everyone's taste obviously but its just a bit of a laugh.

After figuring out some issues and fitment bits, the car is up and running and driving really well, it has a low milage 1.5 1nzfe t sport engine and gearbox as well as the t sport brakes and rear beam. It's got a set of tein coil overs and it's basically stripped out like a little van. I've managed to get the t sport instrument clocks up and running (99% ish) and I've modified the seat mounts to take the t sport semi bucket seats. I'll put up some pics when I figure out how to.

It's good fun to drive but I would really like to turbo it too, umfortunately I can't find all the info I need. I'm not looking for huge power, I understand 150-160hp is a Conservative goal.

I've got a cast manifold and a good condition t25 turbo from a Nissan silvia and an ecu master det3 piggyback but I'm not great at wiring and have never mapped a car, keen to have a go though.

I've searched and searched on here but I can't find an ecu pinout, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. I did pay for access to the toyota online manuals but couldn't find it, they didn't have any info on the instruments wiring either, so I had to do that by trial and error but got there in the end!

So if anyone could help me with a yaris t sport ecu pinout for a 1.5 1nzfe manual (I believe 2nzfe is the same wiring if anyone has that) including descriptions for each wire that would be fantastic.
Turbo verso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Welcome to YW! I'd love to see the progress on this. Adding pictures might be restricted for low-post count members to reduce spam, but a few active days here should get you past that.

Having done the 2ZR swap research, I'd recommend getting a 2-day membership to Toyota Tech Info (the Euro version) and pull all the datasheets you need from there. It's not very portable in some cases and you really want to make sure you've gotten everything you need at once. Looking forward to pics!
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:16 AM   #3
Turbo verso

Yeah, I'll try and get some photos up.

I did buy a few hours on the toyota site (initially for info on the instrument binnacle wiring which there was literally no info for either model I needed) I'll take another look for the ecu pinout on there, but I'm pretty sure I looked last time.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #4
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Welcome! Looking forward to this project. Very exciting indeed.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo verso View Post
Yeah, I'll try and get some photos up.

I did buy a few hours on the toyota site (initially for info on the instrument binnacle wiring which there was literally no info for either model I needed) I'll take another look for the ecu pinout on there, but I'm pretty sure I looked last time.
When I get a weekend membership, I binge and pull every diagram from every year/model I think I'll need, including repair procedures. The EWDs are very comprehensive and well laid out--especially compared to the Bentley brand manual I once looked at for a VW New Beetle. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be there, unless it's an imported model that isn't normally serviced in your region.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #6
Turbo verso

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find this info. I'm on Toyota tech. EU right now, paid for a few hours, there is zero for the system circuits portion of both the yaris t-sport I took the engine and ecu from or the the yaris verso that it's in now. There's lots of the manual that does open and I can view and print but almost all of the electrical stuff is just blank, completely missing. I can't understand why that would be?
Old 05-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #7
lani100

Drives: Yaris T sport TRD turbo
All that work only because the UK importer thought the 1.5 verso wouldn't sell :P
Most other countries did have the Verso as a 1.5.

I've got them, send me a pm and I'll link you
Old 05-01-2020, 03:36 PM   #8
Turbo verso

I know, it's so weird in the UK, we get better versions of some cars like the UK supra tt, better brakes, turbos etc an then we don't get cool cars like the vitz rs turbo, that definitely would have sold here! We are getting the 4wd yaris grmn though, thats a cool car. I feel like toyota in the UK never really know what direction they're heading in. Now they're selling Peugeot's as their commercials! And loads of models use bmw engines. Never thought I'd see the day.

But at least mine has the full yaris t-port disc brakes and interior bits and stuff. Plus all in its cost less than £800 so far! I fitted the air con from the donor too and the verso shell used to be auto.

I'll send you a pm, I really do appreciate the info.