Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
sbergman27

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Wow, pretty impressive run. Really, 350K? I can't believe a Suzuki could go that far. They are usually short lived junk.
Not in my experience. But I'm not really familiar with current Suzuki products. The Sprint was made back before anyone in the US had ever actually heard of a Suzuki car. GM cloaked it under their then-respected brand name. But it was a far higher quality car than the crap GM made at the time. Although it was $5000 new, I've always found it to be top quality. The only notable trade-offs being a couple of issues when it comes to some questionable decisions they made regarding weight savings. (e.g. the light-weight, non-vented, front brake rotor design. I have to be judicious in my brake use and selection of transmission gear when descending mountains... which is something I do a lot of.) Building a car that gets 60+ mpg at 55 mph is an engineering challenge even in 2010... let alone back in 1988.

Quote:
And you still trust it to go out in the middle of nowhere? Brave.
Between mid-August and mid-February, I drove it 29,000 miles, mostly "in the middle of nowhere".

When I first got it in 1992 (with 77,432 miles on the clock) the Sprint was my "Auntie Mame": It opened doors for me; Doors I never dreamed existed.

And it's still opening doors for me, all these years later. ;-)

-Steve
sbergman27 is offline   Reply With Quote