Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #19
lamdog

Drives: Yaris YRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
Haha cool. I go around there fairly often. Have u done anything to your yaris lamdog?
front top strut bar, rear sway bar, AFE intake, headlight eyelids
de-badged Yaris and Toyota Emblems to be I'LL and Vitz and also put TRD emblem on the back. i also put few TRD stickers on my car, door handles and front windscreen.
thinking to get the yaris lowered and change 17 or 16 inches rims.
lamdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #20
lamdog

i will take some pics of my car when i have my camera back from my friend.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #21
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Only done Rims (17's), Springs and NST Short Shifter so far. Was thinking of putting an exhaust but not really sure yet. My car was already tinted when i got it.

Did u installl the intake yourself lamdog? I've seen on most sites they say its for the 1.5L, but mines the YR 1.3L, wonder if they will work in mine.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #22
lamdog

Quote:
Only done Rims (17's), Springs and NST Short Shifter so far. Was thinking of putting an exhaust but not really sure yet. My car was already tinted when i got it.

Did u installl the intake yourself lamdog? I've seen on most sites they say its for the 1.5L, but mines the YR 1.3L, wonder if they will work in mine.
i took the car to shop to do, bcos i do not have tools at home.
by the way, i have also got short shift kit and underdrive pulley on...
after installing underdrive pulley, the car seems to have more power than installing the intake. it is more noticeable.

i can let u to look at intake if u want :P i am free most of the time after work.
i also got the car tinted, the darkest legal tint, of cos, i wanted to have a darker tint, but i do not want to get pulled over.hahaaa
Old 11-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:

Mods: 17inch Wheels ANZ Tazer , Pedders Lowering Springs, NST Short Shifter
Those stripes look awesome. Are they paint or vinyl?
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #24
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamdog View Post
i took the car to shop to do, bcos i do not have tools at home.
by the way, i have also got short shift kit and underdrive pulley on...
after installing underdrive pulley, the car seems to have more power than installing the intake. it is more noticeable.

i can let u to look at intake if u want :P i am free most of the time after work.
i also got the car tinted, the darkest legal tint, of cos, i wanted to have a darker tint, but i do not want to get pulled over.hahaaa
Haha ok we can organise a meet up if you want, interested to see the intake sound and stuff :P I'm free usually monday or thursday or the weekend lol.

CTScott - The stripes are vinyl not painted, it was on the car originally when i bought it from the dealer.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 11-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #25
lamdog

Quote:
Haha ok we can organise a meet up if you want, interested to see the intake sound and stuff :P I'm free usually monday or thursday or the weekend lol.

CTScott - The stripes are vinyl not painted, it was on the car originally when i bought it from the dealer.
no problem. i am free today, if u want... i stay in riverton.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #26
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamdog View Post
no problem. i am free today, if u want... i stay in riverton.
Hehe i was just past that direction on the way to fremantle just then. I don't mind meeting you somewhere if you want, where abouts would be good.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
lamdog

Quote:
Hehe i was just past that direction on the way to fremantle just then. I don't mind meeting you somewhere if you want, where abouts would be good.
anywhere as long as south of the river would be fine :P
lol~~~~ i have nothing to do today
Old 11-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #28
ruimond

Yeh i live south of the river too, ummm i can come to the Riverton shopping centre if you want. That's the one which has like KFC, Sizzler, Big W and stuff. Meet you there in 15-20mins or so? lol

Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #29
FA7

Drives: 2008 YR 5 door
here is my yaris, the only "mod" is the stripe..... will be getting a 22mm solid rear axle, rims, lowered and maybe a few other things sometime next year
FA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 AM   #30
lamdog

Quote:
Yeh i live south of the river too, ummm i can come to the Riverton shopping centre if you want. That's the one which has like KFC, Sizzler, Big W and stuff. Meet you there in 15-20mins or so? lol
yeah.... can.. pm me to confirm.. i live very near to the shopping centre there.
meet u at around 2:30?
Old 11-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #31
ruimond

check pm.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #32
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
Well finally got my YR on Friday.

From then till now. I have installed my sound system. rims and 20grade tint.

Will have to wait till next week for springs. Any suggestions on springs or shall i just go with king springs?
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #33
saspy

Drives: Toyota Yaris
If you want, i'am selling my lowered springs, its TANABE DF210 very popular spring among the community cant buy it in aus, japanese made

google it.

i bought it from the US and had it sended to here.
saspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #34
DerKaiZeRs
-YaRiS OwNeR-

Drives: YRS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunjiaow View Post
Well finally got my YR on Friday.

From then till now. I have installed my sound system. rims and 20grade tint.

Will have to wait till next week for springs. Any suggestions on springs or shall i just go with king springs?

hi..
where have u install your sound system? and How much it cost?

btw, I bought 7" HU for my yaris.. and apparently it seems not fit with the dash panel. any suggestion what should I do...
DerKaiZeRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #35
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
hey,
I installed it myself. my one is a single din dvd with a pop out screen.
You may need a dash kit which i bought from Strathfield. Its to fill out the sides of the deck.
Will get pics later.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 AM   #36
DerKaiZeRs
-YaRiS OwNeR-

Drives: YRS Sedan
Do you think they have a custom made dash kit for double din 7"??

uhm, btw.. how much you money do you spend on 20grade tint and where did u do that?
DerKaiZeRs is offline   Reply With Quote