Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #37
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
Subtract my friend, she decided she has better things to do for the weekend. I'll still be there though so don't give up my plate.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #38
wildmongoose26

Drives: 09 5dr Yaris
and please don't kill me, but I have to cancel for tonight, I have some family stuff to do
wildmongoose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #39
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I will be there!

S.R.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #40
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
It's ok. Stuff comes up I understand.

Looks sadly at the ground. "Aww nobody want to play with me."
Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #41
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Wow!

That was an excellent BBQ. Thank you LRR, The Missus and The Little Mermaid for some good food and some good laughs.

I'll post pics of the monster truck rally tomorrow after I resize them and get them uploaded to a proper hosting site. Traffic wasn't too bad getting out of the speedway either. I'll apologize now because a lot of them will be blurry but y'all will get the gist of it I think.

Be safe,

S.R.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #42
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Thanks for actually showing up Jeff and eating my food. Hopefully everyone can show up to the auto-x next weekend and we can actually meet some new faces!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #43
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I definitely had fun :) and I'm planning on being at the auto-x next weekend. By the way LRR, did you get my text at like... 1am? I thought you might enjoy seeing how far I actually went on that tank.

Here's a link to the Monster Truck show if anyone's interested: http://picasaweb.google.com/SaerinRh...erTrucksAtTMS# Also, let me apologize now for the pics. It's an older digital camera meant for still shots, not catching movement, and I'm not the best photographer by far. Some of these are blurred pretty bad.

Be safe and have a good week everyone,

S.R.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #44
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Yea I saw that. Thanks for posting up the pics. Ill bring my camera out on Sunday to the auto-x and see if we can get some good pics!!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #45
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
I'll be roaming the streets of Arlington as usual making sure one more Yaris is out spreading cheer among the public!!!
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #46
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

If you say you live by the stadiums, you're actually not that far from the auto-x. Just so up and watch you don't have to race. What have you got to lose? Honestly! I dont mean to sound like a dick calling you out, but to me it doesn't sound like you have anything to do according to your post so why not?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #47
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

The auto-x is free to attend.

If you want to race, the cost will either be $20 or $25 depending on if you're a member of the racing club. I'll be paying $25 to race.

It's located at Pennington Field which is at 1501 Central Drive, Bedford Texas 76022.

Here's a link to the auto-x website: http://www.autocross.com/er/equipera...?op=show&id=19

There are plenty of trees and a huge grassy area along the north edge of the property which is right beside where the racing is done. Quite literally, it's about 60 feet from the racing area and is separated by a curbed median and a street along the north edge of the property.

There are plenty of fast food restaurants close by and the location is approx. 1 to 1 1/2 blocks south of the freeway. There are clean restrooms located on the property that, as far as I know, are available for use when the stadium is being used for sports practice.

It would be very nice to see more of our friends come out and watch. You certainly do not have to race if you come out. I've gone to 2 auto-x events at Pennington Field and everyone there, including the non-Yaris owners and drivers, are very friendly and welcoming.

Please show up if you can make the time to be there. Racing will probably get started at about 8:30am or 9:00am and go on as long as it takes to run the competing drivers through their laps.

It was fun for me when I went and it was just a couple of us there. It will be much more fun if more people can show up and support each other.

I will be bringing a large blue canopy for some shade on the parking lot where we park between races. I will also have a couple of folding chairs with me. I will also be bringing a cooler, ice and bottled water for anyone that needs something to drink while we're out there. I will also have some sunscreen if anyone needs it. If there is one thing that will be most important, please remember that it will be hot so you should take precautions to be comfortable. Bring a hat, bring sunscreen, bring something cold to drink, find some shade and enjoy the show.

Hope to see you all out there. Take care and have a good week,

S.R.

Last edited by SaerinRhoe; 07-21-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added price to register for racing.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #48
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Good post! Are you going to race this weekend? That is if you have "Bullseye" still and its not in the shop?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #49
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I'm planning on racing this weekend. I have to swing by a bike shop and pick up a helmet if I can find a shop close to my work so that I can get it on my lunch break.

I still haven't heard any new information from the insurance company but, if nothing has happened by the 28th of this month, I'll start taking action to try and force things to move along. I'm looking at the Texas State Board of Insurance as well as considering an attorney right now but I'm still waiting to see what the insurance company comes up with.

S.R.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #50
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

you dont have to have your own helmet they will have loaners. Or does the idea of that creep you out?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #51
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I know they have loaners but...

I've got a big head. I mean, it's colossal. "Massive" does not begin to define the circumference of my head. Jupiter himself said "damn... that's a big head you've got there mate..."

I found a cycle shop on the way home that will be open so I'll swing by there and price one out. Their website shows one for $39 but I think it might be a kids helmet because their sizing says 2xs and sm. There's nothing else that says it's a kid's size but we'll see. :)

S.R.

Last edited by SaerinRhoe; 07-21-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #52
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

My brother got one from a scooter world shop in Kansas and him and I both have rather large heads and he picked up a cheap one for like $70-80 I think. It was open face too!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #53
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Hey guys, I'm going to the track Friday and Saturday and I'll bring some helmets. I may have an extra large up there.
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #54
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I can't wait for this sunday it is going to be alot of fun!!! I hope more members can make it out. Wildmongoose will you come out and show off your 5 door? It's free to watch and only $25 to race 4 laps. I just hope a Yaris doesn't get hurt this time. LOOK OUT BULLSEYE THERE COMING FOR YA!!!!!