Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #37
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
so there IS a relay?! let me knwo where it is
Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #38
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkratt View Post
so there IS a relay?! let me knwo where it is
There is not a relay - The seatbelt latches are direct inputs to the SRS ECU.

I can disable the chimes for either or both seatbelts via my TechStream tool, and once I get the YarGauge done, the PC interface option for it will allow people to do it themselves.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #39
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
The only reason to disable it would be hauling something such as a heavy bookbag in the front seat. Other wise it's a good reminder...I wanna know how to change it to something that says "PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON PASSENGER" or something to that extent...
Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #40
fidgell

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothman86 View Post
The only reason to disable it would be hauling something such as a heavy bookbag in the front seat. Other wise it's a good reminder...I wanna know how to change it to something that says "PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON PASSENGER" or something to that extent...
fidgell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #41
pawngilly

Drives: toyota belta
I do not see the need to disable the seat belt warning , but usually grab the passenger buckle from the other side and plug it into the drivers latch..presto..no sound .
Why go all to that trouble ?
pawngilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #42
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
I grabbed a free short seat belt extension from the dealership and use it in the passenger latch. I can't very well buckle the passenger seat belt with my dachshund riding shotgun, so I came up with that easy solution..

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 AM   #43
bobolinko
Bob

Drives: Yaris and Scion XD 5 spd BSP
What about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
What for:
If you want to disable your seatbelt alarm. I tend to do alot of work on/in my car and I hate the alarm when I turn the car on. So I wanted away to temp disable the alarm.
How about doing this? It's rather simple....

http://www.scionxdforum.com/forum/sh...Q5fAccessories

This seatbelt a small but useful 3 inch extension to the female receiver installed on your car/truck/van. Between model A & model B it was designed to fit 98% of the vehicles produced in the last 30 years. It is a personal seatbelt extension that simply clicks in when you are ready to GO! Take it with you between vehicles and on trips. Our seatbelt extension has been designed from the ground up to be more compact and more compatible with your vehicle. Note: Our seatbelt clip will stop your seatbelt alarm from going off
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #44
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post

This seatbelt a small but useful 3 inch extension to the female receiver installed on your car/truck/van. Between model A & model B it was designed to fit 98% of the vehicles produced in the last 30 years. It is a personal seatbelt extension that simply clicks in when you are ready to GO! Take it with you between vehicles and on trips. Our seatbelt extension has been designed from the ground up to be more compact and more compatible with your vehicle. Note: Our seatbelt clip will stop your seatbelt alarm from going off
not a bad solution, but at 25 bucks a bit pricey for some...plus some may find it bulky and gaudy looking...but once again, not a bad solution...nice find...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #45
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post

I like it. Sort of the approach I took, except mine was free from the dealer. Since my daschund uses that seat I throw a towel on the seat and no one knows it's there, unless they need the seat, then I simply unlatch it so they can use the belt w/o the extension.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #46
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
I couldn't get this to work. I tried a 2.2k, 5.6k, and 10 ohm resistor and no dice.

Anyone have any advice? The dealership refuses to disable it for me because apparently it's a federal law to have seat belt sensors now
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #47
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
I couldn't get this to work. I tried a 2.2k, 5.6k, and 10 ohm resistor and no dice.

Anyone have any advice? The dealership refuses to disable it for me because apparently it's a federal law to have seat belt sensors now
The seatbelt latch has an active circuit, so you can't just bypass it with a resistor. Your best two options are to 1-Find someone with a TechStream tool and have them disable it for you or 2-remove the piezo chime from the cluster.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 10:16 AM   #48
dumpstar
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post

I have no advice-- but I am in the same boat. It did not work for me. All splicing in a 2.2k ohm resistor did was make the airbag light come on too. Did you figure out a solution?
dumpstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 02:52 PM   #49
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
ebay the toyota techstream cable and software for like 35 dollars and literally save yourself the headache, then take a minute to disable it
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 06:11 PM   #50
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
ebay the toyota techstream cable and software for like 35 dollars and literally save yourself the headache, then take a minute to disable it
This.

I fished an old Lenovo Thinkpad out of an E-waste bin, tossed in a 1TB hard drive, bought a cable and downloaded a totally legal copy of Techstream. Now I can mess around with vehicle settings. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can adjust with the Yaris but there are a handful of things, one being that seat belt light.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote