Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
lostmind

Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
Longest Test Drive?

So in order to get the best test drive experience we could, my wife and I rented a Yaris 5dr hatchback from budget for 3 days :)

Unfortunately it is the non RS model, so it lacks a few things... but really it's only the seats that's missing I think.

So far my wife is liking it, she is finding it quite fun to drive... even coming from the TSX. It's very zippy and great in traffic.

I gotta say, it's a tough decision when you are thinking to downgrade but the yaris is a pretty nice car overall. We've driven a Fit a lot as well and it's also quite nice... she likes the interior of the Fit better but the yaris is more fun to drive she said. I think the deal breaker on the Fit will be the fact that she can't get it in white :)
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
Schmingie

Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
I think rental test drives are a fantastic way to try a car you will be owning and paying for a long time. Great move on your part

Good luck with whichever vehicle you decide on - even though I hope you choose the Yaris - hehe.
Schmingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
bnther36

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
My wife and I were able to rent a Yaris from the dealer. We drove the car for a week and that really help overcome any 'small car' issues that we were having. I would recommend anyone rent a car for a little bit before plunking down the $$!
bnther36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmingie View Post
I think rental test drives are a fantastic way to try a car you will be owning and paying for a long time.
+1
Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
Vervepipes
CowCountry Hornet Handler

Drives: '08 Sedan
I rented a Pontic Wave, Kia Rio and Dodge Calibre before buying and that was a fast way to cross them off! I havent seen and Toyotas or Hondas in rental fleets so I couldnt try them out that way (we only have one rental agency in Cold Lake anyways)
Vervepipes is offline   Reply With Quote