Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #1
Roman

Drives: 2007 3-Door Hatch (US)
2007 Hatch can't shift out of park

I have a 2007 Hatch (US Model)

Can not shift out of park. If the emergency white button near the shifter is pressed, the car shifts out of park fine. The transmission behaves normally. It is purely a matter of the little white knob under the shifter not going down when the brake is pressed, to allow the shifter to mover over to the right, out of park.

No red (warning) lights on the dash, had AutoZone connect a computer and they told me there are no codes. All electronics seem to work fine.

1. Checked fuses. They are good.

2. Replaced brake switch. It was not the issue.

3. Checked and re-plugged in the connector towards the back of the shifter. This guy:

Bad solenoid in the shifter assembly? There is a click every time I press the brake.

Is there anything else to try/rule out? A toyota parts guy told me "maybe a bad neutral safety switch" but from what I have read the car would have problems starting, which it does not.

Thanks for your time friends. Cheers!
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote