Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2015, 02:44 AM   #10
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
I personally wouldn't recommend it. When the gas dispenser stops, that's good enough for me. I don't want to risk it by overfilling. And from what I've read online, it's not recommended anyway. I personally fuel slowly on the first notch. That's just my style. Kinda sucks in the winter when it's blowing like hell, but I've had the gas nozzle not stop and spill fuel all over my paint and the ground in the winter. So I stand by the gas nozzle and watch the pump. Better to be error on the side of caution.
One thing I have found interesting are the different nozzles in different states and different vintages of gas stations and how that often translates to the general political mindset within that state. Blue States = fairly stiff or very stiff 'collars' that try to keep the consumer from filling up 'unsealed'. Red States = weak collars or no collars at all (CA leans toward the former, TX the latter). I've even seen some old rolling wheel completely non digital pumps with no collars in the last 5 or so years...all in Red States in the South. In the City Profiles section of Moving.com one can search zip code reports for pretty much any zip code in the USA that has residents (compiled by the company Onboard Informatics). Air Quality is one of the measurements within those reports. The national average is 100, and lower is better. My previous county (Marin County, CA) ranges pretty much between 80 to 85. My 'new' county (Montgomery County, TX) also 80 to 85. Incline Village, NV (on Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada mountains) is also in the low 80s range.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote