Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
toreadorx2021

Drives: Toyota Yaris Platinum
Toyota Touch

I wear hearing aids .When my phone rings when i'm driving ,phone will ring only through my bluetooth hearing aids ,not through the car ,although phone is paired with car with bluetooth on in car and phone bluetooth is on.If I disconnect hearing aids ,phone will ring through the car

ps i f I connect phone to car via usb cable phone will ring through the car with hearing aids connected .
Yaris is only 2 months old ,never had this prob with 2015 Corrola

Any help would be appreciated
toreadorx2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #2
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Bluetooth is designed to be a "one to one" connection.

While many car audio systems can connect to multiple phones at once, your phone will only connect to one Bluetooth connection at a time.

You can choose to connect to your hearing aid or the car, but not both at the same time. Depending on the phone, it may stay connected to whichever it was connected to first, or it may drop the first connection in favour of a newer connection request.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
toreadorx2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
Bluetooth is designed to be a "one to one" connection.

While many car audio systems can connect to multiple phones at once, your phone will only connect to one Bluetooth connection at a time.

You can choose to connect to your hearing aid or the car, but not both at the same time. Depending on the phone, it may stay connected to whichever it was connected to first, or it may drop the first connection in favour of a newer connection request.
Thanks Kevin for your reply but i have sorted out the problem .There is a volume control on steering wheel independant of volume control of car audio .By increasing the volume there the phone rings though the car with hearing aids on
Old 08-08-2021, 11:03 AM   #4
toreadorx2021

r system needs to be tweked
Old 08-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #5
toreadorx2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by toreadorx2021 View Post
Thanks Kevin for your reply but i have sorted out the problem .There is a volume control on steering wheel independant of volume control of car audio .By increasing the volume there the phone rings though the car with hearing aids on
hi Kevin
made a blunder here ...my phone was connected via usb cable.

Have been in touch with Apple and hearing aid company ..everything is ok there .
next move is to go back to Car Manufacturer for soft ware update or tweaking as i have tried my phone and hearing aids in 3 other cars ...w0rks perfectly ..we'll see
Old 08-08-2021, 11:04 PM   #6
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
That would make it work.

However, Apple state that up to 7 Bluetooth devices can be connected at the same time.

It can also be a matter of what order the Bluetooth devices are connected as to whether they all can work at the same time. You might want to try which to connect first to see if the connection order makes a difference to get both working at the same time. Gry connecting your phone to the car, then the hearing aid, and also the other way - hearing aid first then car. One may work for you.