Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
ericlp

Drives: toyota echo
Old echo toyota owner...

Thinking about upgrading to a yaris soon. the 01, has driven many faithful miles. But, my goal would be to get something newer like at least an 2010-12 car... With about 30-60K miles on it is my goal.

My 01 still is reporting 42-44MPG (to me anything over 40 is awesome) so, I'd like to keep it that way.

What model yaris should I be thinking about getting or does it very on car? I heard that the yaris is still using the same 1.5 VVT-i from echo? I find it funny, I go to all the the auto MPG places and a lot post mid 30's? Is that all expected or do most drives just jack rabbit / traffic and ac on 24/7? Dunno, find it hard to believe.

I'm thinking with gas back down under 2 bucks a gallon a lot of small car owners are thinking the prices of gas might stick, and I can get a deal on a yaris. :) Since the major selling point was 4 dollar gas and great MPG.

I'm not holding out that this 2 dollar gas especially when hillary gets in as a president is gonna hold for that long. Then all those fools will be kicking themselves when it does start creeping back up...

I bought my car 5-6 years ago with 70K on the dial, and it pretty much gave me over 40MPG at the time the owner handed me the keys. Of course I changed out the tires 4 years ago and keep them at around 38PSI, plus clean the MAF, air box, etc...etc... to keep my 44MPG.

Do yaris's pretty much keep 38-40 right out of the box without just the recommended basic maintenance? Rather not get a prius. I heard that the new honda civic is easily getting 40MPG and is a fine ride. Tho rather stick with toyota and buy something used in the 7-9K market.

Thanks all that reply!
ericlp is offline   Reply With Quote