Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
Adam, I don't think there's too much difference in the interior either, but we get automatic climate control, telescopic steering, auto headlights, and the run of the mill Fujitsu-ten touch screen GPS unit (it's not that great). Seats and the rest of the interior looks the same

What you need for your third gen though is this badge for the hatch ;). Excuse how dirty it is.

Cranky, any other insights from your theorycrafting? All the parts cross checking I've done says it's possible. It's just the shifter cables being the big unknown.

Happy to forward the details of where I got the gearbox mount from in NZ if anyone else wants to give it a punt while I'm mucking around taking my time ;)

I will take detailed pictures of the gearbox when I pull it out to show mount points etc. I'll be testing that all the brackets I've purchased fit said mount points as well. Can also take measurements and confirm axle spline count etc etc.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stidnam View Post
Cranky, any other insights from your theorycrafting? All the parts cross checking I've done says it's possible. It's just the shifter cables being the big unknown.
The EC6x uses a hydraulic cylinder for the throw out bearing, not the arm-and-slave-cylinder that the C-series uses. You could probably fab custom lines, but I'm an OEM parts kind of guy for this stuff. Gonna have to think some more about what other differences there are.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote