Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Accessories not in Canada

I was looking to buy an accessory or two. Unfortunately, I didn't realize after asking if I could buy here in Canada at my Toyota Dealership, that I was originally looking at an Official Australian Toyota web site.

The American site won't let me order for Canada either

Oh well, I suppose I need to manually fix my rim anyhow with some 3rd party product

I'm noticing more 2012/2013 on the road, when I got mine, last summer I swore I was the only one, it was sweet, now I'm seeing a little more, and I see millions of the older generations, not as bad as the amount of corollas on the road, the ratio is something like for every one yaris there is 14 corollas.
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaBird View Post
I was looking to buy an accessory or two. Unfortunately, I didn't realize after asking if I could buy here in Canada at my Toyota Dealership, that I was originally looking at an Official Australian Toyota web site.

The American site won't let me order for Canada either

Oh well, I suppose I need to manually fix my rim anyhow with some 3rd party product

I'm noticing more 2012/2013 on the road, when I got mine, last summer I swore I was the only one, it was sweet, now I'm seeing a little more, and I see millions of the older generations, not as bad as the amount of corollas on the road, the ratio is something like for every one yaris there is 14 corollas.
My mailing address is a UPS store PMB box and has been since at least 2002. In 2006, I was trying to get my mail forwarded (from California) to me in Canada. You'd be amazed what a huge deal that was going to be to execute. I ended up having my mail forwarded to the UPS store in Petoskey, MI and crossing the border at Sault Ste. Marie, driving down to Petoskey, picking up my mail, and then going back to Sault Ste. Marie the next day. It sounds as though, even in 2013, there are still some lingering issues re mail/packages going from the U.S. to Canada.

Re Corollas vs Yarii, I think part of the reason for the ratio you speak of is the poorer 'showing' the Yaris gets in press reviews (unjustified, IMO). However I would guess the biggest reason for that ratio is that they'd rather give up those extra MPGs and get more overall room.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
muffin_top

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5MT
What accessories were you looking for?
muffin_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
YodaBird

Bootliner, Rear Bumper Protection Plate & The official Toyota Front Seat Covers. What are some good Fog lights, since Toyota doesn't sell Fog lights or do they ?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
muffin_top

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5MT
I have access to the boot liner and the rear bumper plate. I can check the cost if you are interested.

Micro Image has a fog light kit iirc..
muffin_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
YodaBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_top View Post
I have access to the boot liner and the rear bumper plate. I can check the cost if you are interested.

Micro Image has a fog light kit iirc..
I'm interested. Micro Image ?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
http://shop.microimageonline.com/

Check it out! They are in California, but they do ship International. One of the owners, cali_yaris, post on here quite frequently.

As for the boot liner, check out weathertech.com. They offer a variety of liners, among other products. They do ship to CA.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
YodaBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
http://shop.microimageonline.com/

Check it out! They are in California, but they do ship International. One of the owners, cali_yaris, post on here quite frequently.

As for the boot liner, check out weathertech.com. They offer a variety of liners, among other products. They do ship to CA.
I didn't see any fog light kits on MicroImage ?