Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2023, 06:46 AM   #1
Kasbien

Drives: 07 Sedan (AT)
Smile OEM Toyota LED Foglight Upgrade - Easy and Awesome!

Stealing a page out of Tacomaworld's book here. @Crashnburn80 has done a ton of leg work over there. Here's his post on them which first got me thinking that these could work for our cars as well:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...#post-20419703

Toyota Part Numbers
Black surround: PT413-42191
Chrome surround: PT413-42190

I went with chrome as it matches with the stock headlight setup. Prior to this I was looking into Morimoto xB LED fog lights but wasn't sold on the appearance of them. These look great. They are completely plug and play for your H11 wiring. These units can be found in a lot of the new Toyotas like the Tacoma, Tundra, Corolla, etc. They all seem to share the same mounting system. A lot of the aftermarket off-road light suppliers seem to have picked up on this too. Anyways, I ordered them out of the USA from a dealership and picked them up across the border for $138USD, compared to $509CAD from my local dealership here in Canada. (something to consider when shopping around for these)

As for performance, I can't say enough good things about these for the money. Sharp cutoff, pure white appearance, high quality assembly and SUPER wide spread. One of those changes to your vehicle that easily puts a grin on your face (especially if you do a lot of driving at night). I've driven through few snowy mountain passes at night with these on and they get right under the flurries so that you can see properly where your high beams would normally be completely useless to you. No upsets from oncoming drivers either as there is no glare from these when aimed appropriately.

NOTE: If you have an aftermarket fog light wiring harness like I do, you'll likely need to cut for H11 plugs off and "flip them" around. The polarity is embossed on the fog light assembly and it was opposite to my aftermarket harness. Shrink tubing butt connectors made quick work of this issue. Re-pinning the H11 plug seemed like a cracked plastic tab waiting to happen.

Potato phone camera photos below...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2694.jpg (273.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2695.jpg (174.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2722.jpg (127.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2708.jpg (107.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2721.jpg (108.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2725.jpg (130.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2726.jpg (130.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2723.jpg (180.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2688.jpg (218.5 KB, 95 views)
Kasbien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 12:06 AM   #2
ElMagnifico

Drives: 2012 Sedan
I just bought a set of these and I notice that the diameter of the lights is larger than the diameter of the cut-out of the trim piece. Being that my car didn't originally come with fog lights I have nothing to compare these to. Is the factory set the same size?

The way they seat on the trim just seams odd. Even if the factory lights were larger than the trim hole, the trim holes have that flat section which prevents a flush seating of the convex lens of the lights.
ElMagnifico is offline   Reply With Quote