Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #55
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearda View Post
I'm reserving judgement on GT5 until I can actually see a full released copy. Until then I'm happy with Forza3.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
i said it "seems" arcadish from the vids i saw on youtube. i haven't played myself therefore i said it seems
Oh it's not arcadish at all, the game does punish you for your mistakes (I broke off an R8's front bumper by hitting a slope a bit too fast!). But you can lower the difficulty level of the game with several options, which would make it arcadish, I suppose. But the handling of the cars themselves, is pretty spotless... I mean, they went as far as to take into account the effects of sidewall flex on the handling on the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
I don't have a 360 or ps3 (not that i don't want both) but I'm not sure which I want (no "killer app" for me yet) I think the GT5 looks better, but I wonder if an AWD 340hp Yaris is possible in GT5... I absolutely love the fact that a Yaris is one of the first cars in Forza! I think it's some great exposure for them as actual sporty cars... Cars that are featured prominently in GT have always benefited from it with increased sales in the past. It's a great thing for the Yaris...
Yeah... I love the GT series, they are awesome simulations, but in a way too cold and clinical compared to Forza which really lets you have fun with the cars too (developers call it an automotive sandbox). Just two completely different schools of thought, I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
frownonfun.....i was just like you.

I came from the Gamecube controller (the best hand comfort) and switched to X360 controller. It takes some time getting use to it, but after some time it feels pretty comfortable especially the placement of all the buttons that you use in Forza 2 (minus the clutch button itself).....

Trust me, your hands will get use to the controller, give it some time.
Yep... I find the PS2/PS3 controller very angular and uncomfortable now. The Xbox's triggers feel just right, the concave shape of the analog sticks gives a much better thumb grip too. Maybe it's just that I have big hands, but the 360's controller fits like a glove :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #56
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
frownonfun.....i was just like you.

I came from the Gamecube controller (the best hand comfort) and switched to X360 controller. It takes some time getting use to it, but after some time it feels pretty comfortable especially the placement of all the buttons that you use in Forza 2 (minus the clutch button itself).....

Trust me, your hands will get use to the controller, give it some time.
I just hope their rings-of-death are a thing of the past now. Happened to both of my X360s. Loved the xbox games but grew too leery of the consoles and their constant error messages to let them charm me a 3rd time... I had to go PS3 this time; it's so quiet.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #57
toro yaris pr

Drives: Yaris HB Turbo 09 STD
Send a message via MSN to toro yaris pr
SORRY GUYS BUT EVERY NOS THAT PS3 SUKS GT5 IS A SHITTHEY LUNCH 5 N IN THE FIFTH GAME THEY GOING TO PUT FERRARI THEY SUCKS FORZA FROM THE 1 GAME TO THE 3 THEY HAVE FERRARI GT5 DONT HAVET PS3 CONSOLE IS A SHIT TO MUCH $$$ FOR A LITTLE OF CONSOLE PSN IS A SHIT......PS (PS3,PSN,GT5) SUCKS XBOX 360 RULES XBOX LIVE IS THE BEST LIVE CONSOLE EVER MADE IN HISTORY SURE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR PLAY ONLINE BUT YOU R PAYING FOR GOOD CONECTION FAST DOWNLOADS N ALLOT OF GAMES FROM E TO M SO PS3 SUCKS?? YEAH!!! ALWAYS SUCK I STICK WITH MY XBOX IS MUCH BETTER!!!! XBOX RULES!!

Senior 2011 Class Azairus! Los Frailes!
Segueta MODE [ON] OFF
toro yaris pr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:30 AM   #58
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^ holy cow, what was that?!!!

@toroyarisPR : could you please turn your caps off? Thanks!!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #59
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro yaris pr View Post
SORRY GUYS BUT EVERY NOS THAT PS3 SUKS GT5 IS A SHITTHEY LUNCH 5 N IN THE FIFTH GAME THEY GOING TO PUT FERRARI THEY SUCKS FORZA FROM THE 1 GAME TO THE 3 THEY HAVE FERRARI GT5 DONT HAVET PS3 CONSOLE IS A SHIT TO MUCH $$$ FOR A LITTLE OF CONSOLE PSN IS A SHIT......PS (PS3,PSN,GT5) SUCKS XBOX 360 RULES XBOX LIVE IS THE BEST LIVE CONSOLE EVER MADE IN HISTORY SURE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR PLAY ONLINE BUT YOU R PAYING FOR GOOD CONECTION FAST DOWNLOADS N ALLOT OF GAMES FROM E TO M SO PS3 SUCKS?? YEAH!!! ALWAYS SUCK I STICK WITH MY XBOX IS MUCH BETTER!!!! XBOX RULES!!
is this seriously needed? are you 12?
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #60
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
that looks like a Tourette's syndrome gone horribly wrong and a keyboard was handy
That was too organized to be tourette's... more like ADHD + PDD.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #61
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro yaris pr View Post
wat

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #62
eht13

Drives: .
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote