Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
Twizzstyle

Drives: 2002 WRX, soon 2008 Yaris
New member - Getting a Yaris soon

Hello!

I have been looking at getting a Yaris for over a year now, and I am finally getting serious about it. My current car is a pretty heavily modified WRX wagon, it's my baby and I love it to death... but I autocross it, and how I've set it up its very uncomfortable as a daily driver (very stiff suspension, VERY loud exhaust, etc).

So I am going to get a silver Liftback, manual of course. I still havent figured out what options I want... part of me wants to have power everything, but at the same time, for a commuter car do I really NEED that?

What did you guys get your cars with? Is it worth spending the little bit extra for those bits?

Also... I plan on keeping the car mostly stock... but in all fairness, I said that about my wagon too, ha! :) I think the max I would want to do on the Yaris is maybe springs. They look fantastic when lowered, but I don't want to get anything super stiff, or coilovers... because that defeats the whole purpose of the car. Are there any lowering springs that are still very soft and keep the stock ride comfort? (and don't anybody give me any flack for getting springs just for looks... I've got the wagon to make up for that ;) )

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting this car, and very glad to find a board like this!
Twizzstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
you are going to want to get a base Yaris hatch, set it up for auto-x and you are going to laugh at how much better the Yaris is then your Subbie at Auto-x :)

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3107
browse the links on that thread for parts for the Yaris..... and talk to the user Vanderkitten.... you will drool at what the Yaris can do for what little money to put in to it
Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
if ya commute get all the options , trust me on this get the side curtain airbags & ABS just for safety , But get the pwr package also , it's the little things that make up for having to commute & the buttons do help to make a nice ride . It also helps on the RESALE value !! after u get it do the rear sway bar & front strut tower bar & maybe the cross tie bars then, she'll handle Very Nimbely allowing you to move thru traffic with ease
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
Twizzstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
you are going to want to get a base Yaris hatch, set it up for auto-x and you are going to laugh at how much better the Yaris is then your Subbie at Auto-x :)
Really? I dunno... FWD with an open diff... :( I'm sure I'll take it out to autox plenty though Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
there are quite a few Yarii killin on the Auto-X... .BTW they make and LSD for our car
Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
Twizzstyle

hehe, don't get me tempted. I gotta be careful or I'll get the mod bug on the Yaris like I did the wagon. With the wagon I said: springs and catback only.... here I am a year and $8k in mods later... :( oops!

I've already caught myself a few times looking at the Tein coilovers for the Yaris... I have to slap myself - commuter car! No coilovers! (its especially sad when you start shopping for parts for a car you don't even own yet)