Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
07liftback

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Fog light housing dimensions

After some searching, I couldn't find any dimensions for the Yaris foglights anywhere online.

What I'm trying to do is retrofit some mini h1 projectors into the foglamps. I've read how people were getting terrible output on their aftermarket foglamps that they've ordered off ebay so I'd like to tackle the project of getting a perfect retrofit line.

I have the mini h1s on hand and would like someone to post the width and length of the fog lamp housings so I can ensure that these will either fit inside or I can at least figure out how to mod them.

Thanks.
07liftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Why not put in LED fogs from The Retrofit Source and putting the Mini H1 in the headlights?
The LED fogs are direct drop in. Here is a link from member ucsmfu who put those fogs into his Yaris.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
07liftback

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Why not put in LED fogs from The Retrofit Source and putting the Mini H1 in the headlights?
The LED fogs are direct drop in. Here is a link from member ucsmfu who put those fogs into his Yaris.
I thought about the fog lamps they had at TRS but the price didn't quite justify the output. Originally, I had planned to use a retrofit so that it would have more throw and I'd see much farther but these LED fogs look way easier.

Thanks for posting that because I just noticed they had that in their closeout bin for $70 coupled with the covers off ebay, it's a great deal. Just need to wire in a switch and relay. Buying it outright like that will save me over a day's worth of fiddling with the housings!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Black...272919&vxp=mtr

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/clo...l#.VML6BUfF9tM

Probably comes out to a $100 total but worth it for saving me time.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The OEM and aftermarket housing internal dimensions are about 3-1/4" in diameter and 3" from the bulb mount to the glass.

I am not sure about the brightness of the ebay kits, but I run the Micro Image kits on two of my Yaris and they are incredibly bright (I actually find them more helpful than the headlights).
Old 01-24-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
07liftback

Thanks for the dimensions, CTscott! Based on that info, I think I'll just go with the morimoto xb LED fogs! I'll update this once I get around to installing them.