Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
Lays

Drives: 2015 yaris L
Spring rates for coilovers

Hi everyone, I was hoping to find some advice on spring rates and what to choose.

Car is a 2015 3dr Yaris hatch, weighs 2200lb without me in it. (rear seat and spare removed)

I currently have a whiteline rear swaybar, 15x7.5 Konig hypergram wheels, with 205/50/15 Bridgestone RE-71R tires.

My primary use is spirited daily driving, autocross, hopefully track in the future.

I've done a bit of research and asking around, and it seems like getting a stiffer rear spring helps with autocross/track to keep more weight on the front end and help the rear rotate a bit easier.

I'll be getting bc racing DS coilovers and I spoke with them already and they said they can do custom rates front and rear for my car.

I should note, I don't mind a stiff ride, I've been riding a crotch rocket for years with suspension that was setup for my weight, it's quite stiff and beats me up so I'm pretty used to it.

I was thinking of doing 7k front 9k rear, as Jason@sportscar told me he runs 9k/11k in their race car and that it weighs quite a bit less than my car, so I'd assume they'd be a bit less stiff on my car.

I figured since I was still going to drive it on the street to go a bit softer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Lays; 10-07-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Lays is offline   Reply With Quote