Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I finally test drove a Yaris Hatch...

Okay, so I've been interested in the Yaris (hatch) ever since the second gen Vitz came out (JDM version of the Yaris) in particular for some time now. I would really love to have one but for me personally it doesn't make sense and I'm not in the financial situation I can really afford it.
So today I took the plunge and went to the dealership to test drive one (check it out as I've seen them outside but I wanted to test it myself) as I knew they were on the lots. I just walked out there and of course like a shark after fresh blood a sales person was out there. He was nice at first and of course asked my situation, I was honest and said I would love to have the Yaris hatch but I'm really not in the market. So we were talking and I know he was doing his job and trying to convience me. So he eventually gives up and is about to go in. I ask if I can have a test drive. Boy was he discusted, I can tell in his sigh (rude kind). I was like well if you don't want to or if its too much trouble, and he's like its not too much trouble its just that you're not in the market (Things sort of turned sour at that point), but for the longest time I wanted to test drive it.
SIDE NOTE: Okay the sales person has a valid point but how am I suppose to know for future reference or possible buy if I haven't test drove one to solidify my choice or even desire for the car?
I should have just said forget it and walk off but I stood my ground and he gave me a test drive...of course he came along. I like the hatch and it was good handeling although I thought the brakes were or seemed a little spongy (compared to my ECHO) and eventhough I own an ECHO the gauge cluster on the Yaris was sort of an adjustment as its facing flat and not at an angle towards driver. Otherwise I wish I had more time to mess with it, check out the back seat and storage compartments. They had a decent amount of powerpackage models on the lot. So we got back to the dealership and he gave me a hypolthetical estimate if I traded in my car. I was like I'm tempted but no. This is the first "bad" experince or vibe with a salesperson I had at this dealership, the guy was rude and preasured me which before at this dealership wasn't a real issue when I test drove cars before. It must have been a slow day and plus its after the holidays I'm sure buisness is slow. Anyway that's my pointless novel.