Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #127
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Made it to Zeno's Pub in State College.

Had a bottle of the Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye! Very good! I found it to be a very hoppy beer! The rye was distinctive and bended well... not too malty!

Next time I'll have to try a bottle of the Racer 5, they have it...

Racer X (Double IPA) also looks really good? A malty IPA... Hopefully, they will get some soon :-P

Cheers!
Yayyy! Glad you were able to find the Bear Republic beers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slummy View Post
I'm lucky enough to live five minutes from the Frederick branch of Flying Dog Brewery and just down the road a bit is the Dogfish Head Restaurant!

Favorite flavors: D.F.H. Indian Brown Ale, Flying Dog's Old Scratch, Sam Smith's everything really. Last but not least Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, soooo good!

This thread is awesome!
I love, love, love Dogfish Head beers! Totally jealous! I adore their 90 minute IPA and Festina Peche. Mmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post

Ask and ye shall receive. Not my pic btw. Its just my favorite ale.
Stone is such a great brewery. I don't think they have a single beer that I don't like. I'm surprised I haven't made it south to their brewery since it's local for me.
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #128
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
A buddy came down from Boston, MA several weeks ago to watch a Penn State home game. He had a large beer list for all of us... My favorite IPA happens to be from Harpoon Brewery in Boston... Leviathan Series - Imperial IPA. When made these batches go off the shelf very quick. They were all sold out in Boston, but he found some in another distributor in western Mass before he came down to PA...

In my book this is the tops of tops when it comes down to Double IPA's. My tasting rate is a firm 10! The best! I can't describe it. The flavors change from temperature drops. It explodes in your mouth of the foral, bitterness balanced hops with a smooth carmel malt flavor. The Simcoe Hops are awesome... Now I have four four-pacs to savor over the winter!

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/index.cfm?pid=116620
Paramount IPA!

Has anyone experienced the same? Do they feel what I feel?

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote