Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
I used an open-end wrench. The head of the ratching box end was too big. The nut tightened up as easily as the other two on top.
Are you serious?! Wow... lucky guy! I ended up getting my girlfriend (with small hands) to get that nut on the bolt, and get the threading started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
A/C lines are gonna kill me in the end.
What'd I tell you, man? Getting in there now to fix the A/C lines is gonna be wicked hard.

But yeah, this has been like a trip down memory lane. I remember about the dipstick bracket... I managed to get a shorty 14mm (I think?) wrench under there and loosen it up so I could attach it. Bummer about bending the bracket... I'm glad it straightened out! And remember to put a little lubricating fluid on the O-rings when you pop the rail back on the injectors. My friendly neighbourhood Toyota tech told me to always use something when fiddling with the injectors, otherwise the rings might pinch and not seal properly.

Agreeing with camelll, it's definitely not as hard to undo and redo the 2nd time. For your A/C lines (and those two bolts) (AND the dipstick), it might be easier to take the 'charger back off, fix everything, and then put it back on. Seriously. I know it sucks! But those lines are really in the way!

And for the ECU, it's only held to the firewall by three 10mm nuts & bolts... getting it off is pretty easy. The two big connectors on top of it, the left one (the bigger) won't clear the cowling... so either you take off the whole cowling like camelll did, or pop the ECU off the firewall, undo the connectors, and put the ECU on a table while you do your splicing. Either way...

We all had our struggles putting this thing on. I didn't tighten my stud bolts on the 'charger as much as I wanted, and then ended up stripping a nut (so I'll never get it off). Keep going! Good luck!!

Oh, and thanks for the responses guys about your cars starting fine in the cold weather. It's been happening here even when it's only in the 40s. So maybe I did something wrong. I'll have to pop the hood and have my girlfriend start it while I try to see if everything is ok. Hmmmm!