Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
alweasel

Drives: 2007 Yaris
2nd Yaris questions

Hello All.
I am on my second yaris. I buy them from my dads friend that owns an autobody place. He takes salvaged cars and fixes them and sells them.
This is my second Yaris and another sedan.
I have 115,000 miles on it and the last one had more than 240,000 before I got rid of it.

With this one the AC just died and I had it replaced. I am lucky that I have a good mechanic and a good body guy to go to.
Any ideas for things to look for that will go bad soon?
Or anything I should look for or such.
I am hoping to get 300,000 miles on this one.
Thanks.
alweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Check the motor mounts. Rev the engine up and down and see if the top of the engine moves back-and-forth. If so replace the motor mounts.

Make sure the air filter is good.

Check the brakes all around probably the rear brake shoes are good at that mileage but you might need new front brake pads make sure they are good to go.

Check the cabin air filter after removing the glove box door replace of dirty.

Remove each of the spark plugs Intern and check the condition. Tan to brown is good black and oil is bade

Good luck!