Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
yugotek
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 08
Need seat rail

Hello everyone,

I need a seat rail pair for my 2008 Yaris. The seat will not lock into place. It basically slides freely and is very dangerous. I took the rails from the passenger seat and moved them to the drivers, but I still need a complete fix.

After taking out the driver seat, I noticed that what has failed is a leaf like piece of metal, located inside the sliding mechanism, that acts like a spring and locks the ball bearings into place. The leaf has broken due to fatigue and because Toyota used a really cheap material for such a vital security system.

If anyone has either this piece of metal, or preferably the rails, please contact me at. I do not need a complete seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101.jpg (77.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by yugotek; 07-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
yugotek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rail leaf, seat, seat rail, yaris