Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
ScottKrieger
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVTi 2000
Exclamation Any ideas? 1.0 minor upgrades?

I have a Yaris 1.0 VVTi - Year 2000. The car cost next to nothing and has been nothing but reliable. I believe it had the engine rebuilt at around 50,000 miles ago. I would like to make it just that little bit quicker off the mark. Also, I don't want to spend much money, as do most people!

I have looked into chip tuning, but don't know how well chip tuning works, and have seen a few fakes.

Any suggestions?

****** I'm also looking for some colour coded bumpers in silver and a possible set of OEM T-Sport alloys or just generic Yaris alloys. If anyone knows of any going cheap, please let me know!

Thank you in advance!
ScottKrieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
Don't know how good Toyota engines are constructed, but apart from what I've seen recently on a Golf 4, I'd recommend to clean the throttle and install a catch can if it's heavily coated with oil :)
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
There are some simple things you can do to give it some pep. a better intake is always a good place to start and also a free flowing exhaust. the intake may just be a google search away and the exhaust could be put together by your local shop using a glass packed muffler. that shouldn't set you back too much and should be noticeable. granted don't expect to win too many races with those few things though.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
I would not mess with the engine as much as I would the suspension. In a town like London, handling is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottKrieger View Post
I have a Yaris 1.0 VVTi - Year 2000. The car cost next to nothing and has been nothing but reliable. I believe it had the engine rebuilt at around 50,000 miles ago. I would like to make it just that little bit quicker off the mark. Also, I don't want to spend much money, as do most people!

I have looked into chip tuning, but don't know how well chip tuning works, and have seen a few fakes.

Any suggestions?

****** I'm also looking for some colour coded bumpers in silver and a possible set of OEM T-Sport alloys or just generic Yaris alloys. If anyone knows of any going cheap, please let me know!

Thank you in advance!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Damn.. i have a set of T-Sport wheels for sale. but i'm kinda on the other side of the world haha.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alloys, bumper, performance, quick, tune