Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Faith87

Drives: thinking of a yaris
Question Not sure where to start (2009 yaris)...

Not much of a car expert here. Just a female college student looking for a very reliable car and wise advice.

So far, I'm pretty much sold on a 2009 yaris after doing some research. (Still deciding on hatchback or sedan... have no idea what a "sport liftback" is). Guess I'd just like some reassuring input from others who are familiar with this kind of car.

some FAQs if you dont mind

1. I'm taking a roadtrip from Southern California through Oregon, up to Northwest Washington soon. Would this car be safe to take through mountain passes, harsh weather, icy streets, downpour, and snow? How about going up mountains/hills?

2. Should I think twice about options like the power package, weather package, etc..(is it worth the money?) Anything you'd recommend?

3. Whats the difference between a yaris sport model and a yaris (non-sport model?)

4. Is the engine and battery in this car powerful enough for mild-to-rough weather and climate?

5. What's better (in your opinion) a yaris with a hatchback or without one?

6. Can I comfortably fit atleast four people in this car?

7. Is general oil (like pennoil) okay to use in this car, or does it work better with the special overpriced oil/coolant?

8. Do you think atleast 2 surfboards could fit in this car? (educated guess is fine).

8. How is this car where street bumps, dips, holes are concerned? Does your yaris get damaged alot because it seems pretty close to the ground?

9. What are some perks about this car (in your opinion?) not including the gas mileage.

10. I've heard some things about brake problems with the yaris (haven't heard anything about 2009 model yet), are your breaks good enough in your opinion? If you have had break work done, around how much did it cost?

11. What are some overall cons about this car?

12. Is this car spacious enough for someone prone to getting car sick in small cars?

13. In your opinion, is this a good car for someone who generally enjoys the outdoors/nature?

14. On the toyota dealership I saw a light blue yaris that looked alot different from the zephyr blue colored one. Was that just a color manipulation? I think they only come in five colors: red, black, burgandy, blue, white.

14. Anything else?
Faith87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, advice, yaris