Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Haha, thats insanity. Some people really like their fidelity... I can honestly say I have never heard a pair of components that expensive in a car, so I couldn't vouch for the difference between $200 components and $500 components. I'll stick with my $200 ones, haha.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #20
Yar

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Metallic
My Ears are bleeding....Holy!

I was out today, went to every audio shop out here. Got to hear some pretty loud subs, and some that looked to be good, but couldn't produce a clean beat if they wanted to.

The last stop of the day was to see the "Pioneer" set I've been talking about.

I was blown away with the sound of them, they really impressed me, and the price could not be matched. So im now officially sold on the subs for the car, and had a talk with the tech there. We're both going for sealed enclosure, powered by 1000W Amp; just don't know witch amp im going to be getting just yet.

The speakers WILL be powered by a separate amp. I haven't gone out and actually tested speakers yet, that will after I got the trunk of the yaris all figured out.

Thanks. More Updates to come later on.

-Bill
Yar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
ChinoCharles
Banned

That is going to be LOUD, but should hit pretty clean. Nice choice.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #22
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
Haha, thats insanity. Some people really like their fidelity... I can honestly say I have never heard a pair of components that expensive in a car, so I couldn't vouch for the difference between $200 components and $500 components. I'll stick with my $200 ones, haha.
High-end component speakers cones' are made with polyglass, therefore the prices are crazy.

Good component speakers also have better crossovers with better tuning abilities - not to mention directional/angle adjustable tweeters!

This is all for SPL/SQ competitions obviously, but I don't mind have a set of high end polyglass comps in my Yaris
Old 09-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #23
Yar

I like ChinoCharles idea of ebaying my speakers.

Component speaker are really going to bring out the sounds I'm looking for, also, like I believe somebody else said, they are a very worth-while investment in any car/audio system. With all that said, I'm lost at what modles to look for.

Kenwood? Yay or Nay?

I'm looking for something reasonable, that won't break the bank, as I'm really tight on money I can spend.

What are all of you running, and what do you think of them?

-Bill
Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #24
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Focal all the way.

If you can afford it, check out the Polyglass V1 or V2 series. The 165V1/V2 are an excellent choice. My installer recommended this. They cost about CAD $250-300 per set.

You can also consider Alpine Type X series components. JL Audio components should also be listened to, and to some extent, the Infinity reference series.

MB Quart's quality has deteriorated somewhat after it was purchased by RF and then yet by another company. It's no longer German owned/operated and needless to say, Rockford Fosgate is not the company it used to be.

I don't know much about Kenwood components, but they're probably worth a try.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #25
ChinoCharles
Banned

If you're strapped for cash, my local Best Buy has one set of Inifinity components that were $199 installed. I dont even know if they have Best Buys in Canada, but it was worth a post, haha. Thats about as cheap as its going to get.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #26
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar
I like ChinoCharles idea of ebaying my speakers.

Component speaker are really going to bring out the sounds I'm looking for, also, like I believe somebody else said, they are a very worth-while investment in any car/audio system. With all that said, I'm lost at what modles to look for.

Kenwood? Yay or Nay?

I'm looking for something reasonable, that won't break the bank, as I'm really tight on money I can spend.

What are all of you running, and what do you think of them?

-Bill

My whole system except the reciever is Kenwood. I know a lot of people (myself included) don't care for Kenwood and look down on it as crap, but I was converted! Kenwood like most companies have a lower line of products and then an "premium" line of products and there's are call Kenwood eXcelon...and it sounds amazing! The clarity and clean bass and the range of high and low, okay the way it was installed and set up does make a difference, don't get me wrong there are a lot of other great choices out there. Originally I was going to get Alpine speakers but they wouldn't fit the front, because they were too deep and the mounting in my door is shallow, so apparently the only product or one of the few ones was Kenwood, then I decided to go Kenwood all the way. Obviously it depends on experiences some may say it was crap others say it was great. But good luck I just thought I chime in, it would be nice in Kenwood pay me for this promotion

Good luck!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #27
Yar

Ya, that would be my next question.

What is the maxaxium deph for a front and rear speaker on an 3DR 07 Yaris?

I already know that the front speakers are 6.5" and the rear ones are 5.25".

Anybody know?