Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #307
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Ok now for the final install pics!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #308
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
Ok now for the final install pics!!!!
I'm actually house-sitting for a friend this week until next Monday, but I'll definitely post install pics when I get back home to my camera.
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #309
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
I'm actually house-sitting for a friend this week until next Monday, but I'll definitely post install pics when I get back home to my camera.
Now your letting the team down
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #310
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
try reading through the pages....anyone could do a DIY and when the module of ctscott will be available for us to purchase? thanks!
Malaya1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #311
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaya1221 View Post
try reading through the pages....anyone could do a DIY and when the module of ctscott will be available for us to purchase? thanks!
At this point a DIY is kind of unnecessary since the only way to get everything working is CTScott's module, which literally takes second to plug in.

Aside from his module, there's really no other way to get the system to function like OEM, unless you figure a way to mount the weight senors to your new seat/bracket.
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #312
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaya1221 View Post

I am trying to purchase the bare OEM OC ECU connector. If I can indeed get them, then the purchased modules will all look like the one above that I shipped to Mike. If I can't get the connectors, then the module will have six color matched wires that will need to be connected to the same colored wires on the OEM harness. Another pair of wires will exit the module separately (as in the pic above) and will connect to a user supplied switch.

I can make one-offs now and ship them as I did for Mike.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 AM   #313
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
scott i am interested in a module if youd like to make one

are you planning to make a bunch for garm?
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #314
Bubbles

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
interested as well
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #315
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Garm an I haven't sorted out the details yet. In the meantime I can make one-offs for people. I am trying to order the gray connectors so that they are plug-n-play. I am not sure if I am actually going to be able to. In the meantime, If you ship me your harness (the 5 legged one that goes from that gray connector to the four weight sensors, I can clip the connector and make a plug-n-play one, like I did for Mike, with his harness. I leave enough wire on either end, when I snip it, to allow you to be able to splice it back together, if you ever decide to return to the OEM seats. Also, the harness is an orderable part from Toyota for about $40, so that is another option for returning to OEM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #316
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
figure i should post in this thread as well

i got your bypass switch and installed it. works like a charm except on the gauge cluster the airbag light is still on (light with a person sitting and airbag going off) not the seatbelt light.

anyway to address that? i have the seat ecu, bypass switch, and seat buckle plugged in. yellow connector is still on stock seat though i dont know what that does
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #317
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeJong 03 View Post
figure i should post in this thread as well

i got your bypass switch and installed it. works like a charm except on the gauge cluster the airbag light is still on (light with a person sitting and airbag going off) not the seatbelt light.

anyway to address that? i have the seat ecu, bypass switch, and seat buckle plugged in. yellow connector is still on stock seat though i dont know what that does
That's the airbag connector. You need to plug a 3 ohm resistor into the yellow connector on both seats to make the SRS believe that the side airbag is still there.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #318
hayrider

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Garm an I haven't sorted out the details yet. In the meantime I can make one-offs for people. I am trying to order the gray connectors so that they are plug-n-play. I am not sure if I am actually going to be able to. In the meantime, If you ship me your harness (the 5 legged one that goes from that gray connector to the four weight sensors, I can clip the connector and make a plug-n-play one, like I did for Mike, with his harness. I leave enough wire on either end, when I snip it, to allow you to be able to splice it back together, if you ever decide to return to the OEM seats. Also, the harness is an orderable part from Toyota for about $40, so that is another option for returning to OEM.
Mr CTScott,
Per my conversations with an engineer at Toyota the COMPLETE safety system (this includes the seatbelts) will not operate if the airbag light in the dash is on! I thought the Toyota engineer was pulling my leg so I would go to the dealer. He’s correct per the two service writer’s I talked too at two different dealerships. I don’t give a shit about me but I do care about my wife and family‼️
For Pete sake help us out...I put back the stock seats but I sold them. I purchased FRS seats with Airbags because I wanted my family to be safe...

Help me please!

Last edited by hayrider; 08-16-2020 at 01:38 AM.
hayrider is offline   Reply With Quote