Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-05-2020, 05:54 AM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Changing the water pump on a TS

Just wondering about the configuration of the TS engine bay. Is there room between the engine and the subframe for removing the water pump? Since my 2ZR engine swap, it looks like I'd have some trouble getting the water pump out. I haven't measured, but I bet there isn't much more than an inch - if that - between the water pump pulley and the frame rail. This is for future reference only as I don't have any issues with the pump at this time. Thanks in advance.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
It's doable at home. I had to drop the passenger side engine mount to get enough clearance and ended up taking off the bumper cover, headlight, fender liner and filler panel next to the radiator to have enough access for my impact wrench. It's a rubber gasket so it's not terrible to take it off and put the new one back on.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
It's doable at home. I had to drop the passenger side engine mount to get enough clearance and ended up taking off the bumper cover, headlight, fender liner and filler panel next to the radiator to have enough access for my impact wrench. It's a rubber gasket so it's not terrible to take it off and put the new one back on.
Thanks Sam. Great to know that the engine doesn't have to come out to do it, lol. So, I'm guessing a couple inch drop would be needed to clear the bottom of the frame? Just pop a jack and wood block under the engine, I suppose.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I know I did it in an evening without any real struggles, can't recall exactly how it came out though. I think the impeller can get in the way if you don't have it low enough.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote