Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #19
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
When I get back into town, I'll make that video for ya. I could do a video of the oil change as well if you'd like. Honestly, it only takes 30-45 minutes because you're waiting for the oil to drain.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #20
MyzticZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
The serpentine belt on my wifes Camry is 9 years old with 108k miles and is fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Yep. I didn't have my serpentine belt changed until a bit under 210k. It only started sqealing a few hours before that, IIRC.
I was surprised as well, but I trust my mechanic about the belt. They often look over my car and clean my breaks, free of charge, when I ask, among other little things so if I had to throw some money their way, I have no problem doing that. The only trustworthy place here in Vegas - even their yelp reviews are off the chain.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
I was surprised as well, but I trust my mechanic about the belt. They often look over my car and clean my breaks, free of charge, when I ask, among other little things so if I had to throw some money their way, I have no problem doing that. The only trustworthy place here in Vegas - even their yelp reviews are off the chain.
Great to have people you know you can trust. Right after I had my belt replaced (later the same day) the new belt squealed a bit. I took it back later that day (or the next day...can't remember which). They made an adjustment (no cost) and it hasn't squealed since (almost 60k miles).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #22
Nigel8600

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
You guys really want to save some money and do oil changes safe from spillage then buy one of these for your cars:

USA Fumoto Valve USA seller

Canada http://www.fumotocanada.com/

I have put one in every vehicle I owned for the last 5 years..... I love these things especially the ones with the nipples that you attach hosing to. The Yaris uses the F103, I got the F103N for mine.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #23
MyzticZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel8600 View Post
You guys really want to save some money and do oil changes safe from spillage then buy one of these for your cars:

USA Fumoto Valve USA seller

Canada http://www.fumotocanada.com/

I have put one in every vehicle I owned for the last 5 years..... I love these things especially the ones with the nipples that you attach hosing to. The Yaris uses the F103, I got the F103N for mine.
I bought one last year because I thought it was it'd save me plenty of time. Unfortunately, I must've hit a speed bump and the nipple must've got clipped. The valve ended up getting stripped and oil was leaking slowly. I ended up getting a refund and going back to the original screw. If you live in a relatively flat area, it's a wonderful idea.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
Nigel8600

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
A speed bump? A fumoto wouldn't get knocked by a speed bump cause the valve is between the tires. Maybe u hit a tree stump?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #25
MyzticZ3r0

or maybe a high velocity small object hit it while on the road, either way, it stripped the threads on my oil pan. I had to get it re-threaded. needless to say, I didn't reinstall it.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #26
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
I bought one last year because I thought it was it'd save me plenty of time. Unfortunately, I must've hit a speed bump and the nipple must've got clipped. The valve ended up getting stripped and oil was leaking slowly. I ended up getting a refund and going back to the original screw. If you live in a relatively flat area, it's a wonderful idea.
Ugh... This is exactly why I never got them for any of my cars. Yeah, I'm paranoid, but, it apparently does happen.
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote