Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Need/want new seats and considering these.

This would be really convenient if its true...((Please note that these seats do not come with mounting brackets for your specific vehicle, but it can be installed by means of using your hardware from your original seats or your can use brackets from Sparco or Recaro)

NOTE: but it can be installed by means of using your hardware from your original seats?

I know these are far from highend but look not half bad.My driver seat has small tear and getting tired of the seat covers.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reclinable-...CModel%3AYaris
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I've been waiting on Sparco to receive a shipment of their R100 Tuner Seat since 4/16. I'm considering going with Corbeau because of how long Sparco has had me waiting. I was expecting to get them before Toyotafest and it didn't happen, which was a real disappointment.

What I wouldn't consider doing is going with the no-name, eBay options. When it comes to seats, my 2 cents is you don't want to go too cheap. I've heard some horror stories about them blowing apart in accidents and it's something I just don't want to play around with. Like tires, it's a fairly important safety piece, not just for looks. There's a reason they add the asterisk of, "for off road use only".

At minimum, I would consider a value but known brand like NRG before going with eBay stuff. Like I said, just my 2 cents, so take it for what it's worth

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
recaro, sparco anything works
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #4
1zzVitz05

Drives: Echo 05
I installed recaro dc2 red seats in my yaris using the stock rails, and making my own adaptor plate to connect both together. Kept the sliding feature too, just gotta undo the oem seats from the rail.
1zzVitz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #5
phaznet

Drives: '07 Yaris Sdn
I too would like to invest in some racing/bucket seats.
However, I agree with ern-diz; considering seat quality is a huge safety factor if you get into an accident you don't want to go too cheap.
phaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:14 AM   #6
Pinchlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I've been waiting on Sparco to receive a shipment of their R100 Tuner Seat since 4/16. I'm considering going with Corbeau because of how long Sparco has had me waiting. I was expecting to get them before Toyotafest and it didn't happen, which was a real disappointment.

What I wouldn't consider doing is going with the no-name, eBay options. When it comes to seats, my 2 cents is you don't want to go too cheap. I've heard some horror stories about them blowing apart in accidents and it's something I just don't want to play around with. Like tires, it's a fairly important safety piece, not just for looks. There's a reason they add the asterisk of, "for off road use only".

At minimum, I would consider a value but known brand like NRG before going with eBay stuff. Like I said, just my 2 cents, so take it for what it's worth
You are correct.I read this on this forum( scion XD seats are pretty much Yaris S/RS seats. should fit as the car is pretty much same as a yaris. )

Basically need seats that are not damaged like my current ones but a tad better overall.The yaris RS seats could be better?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchlite View Post
You are correct.I read this on this forum( scion XD seats are pretty much Yaris S/RS seats. should fit as the car is pretty much same as a yaris. )
lol i should update that. Scion XD seats have a better lumbar support, but sits higher. It is a direct fit (swap in your seatbelt buckle on passenger side!). Yaris S/RS seats sit lower but same level of lumbar support.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
Pinchlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
lol i should update that. Scion XD seats have a better lumbar support, but sits higher. It is a direct fit (swap in your seatbelt buckle on passenger side!). Yaris S/RS seats sit lower but same level of lumbar support.
Sits higher..excellent!

I am 5'11'' but find the seats kinda low personally.Going to track down some XB seats.

Thanks.