Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2009, 03:22 AM   #37
The Marshall

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5-Door, Black
To the people who got a dealer to do it, what if anything did they charge? I work in reverse logistics/e-commerce and ALWAYS have 25kg boxes riding shotgun setting off the alarm at random intervals (the people at the warehouse call me "small car" lol).

I would like to get it professionally disabled but am just wondering what it costs to get this taken care of... safely!
The Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #38
wornways

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Stickshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by billk View Post
I seen this thread on the before hack days. But don't see it now.
I was really annoyed by that stupid seat belt buzzer when I take off my seat belt. I wear it all the time, but pulling into my neighborhood, or parking lots, I would release my belt. Then came the Buzz from He&&. I went to my dealer to get my free oil change,( I get free oil changes for a year) and I asked my service guy if the mechanic can disable that darn thing. He said, sure not a problem. I left the dealer with my seat belt off, went up to 55 mph and no buzzer. Light still blinks, but silence.
I seen in the old discussion how someone went into the console and nuked the buzzer. Or how a dealer said it was not a changeable option. In the owner manual, it even says the buzzer can be disabled.
I am happy now, no buzz, buzz, and more buzz.
So if this is posted elsewhere, buzz me and move it.
bill K
2008 yaris sedan
only 1 mod, nuked the buzzer
Hmm, I wonder if there's also a way to turn off the door-open alarm when the key is still in the ignition? I like to hang out sometimes with my radio on and the door open--but that's just plumb impossible with the ridiculous door-open alarm.
wornways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #39
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by wornways View Post
Hmm, I wonder if there's also a way to turn off the door-open alarm when the key is still in the ignition? I like to hang out sometimes with my radio on and the door open--but that's just plumb impossible with the ridiculous door-open alarm.
I do that too... hafta check into it...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #40
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
my last car (ford zx2) had this handy little thing where if i was driving with the seat belt off and it started buzzing i could push the release button (without the belt hooked up) and it would stop it from buzzing again until i turned the car off. it was pretty sweet while driving around campus at school. i have no idea if it was designed like that or someone did it (bought used... had quite a few thing done to it when i got it). i would do it to the Yaris... but my electrical knowledge is about as in depth as coloring with crayons. could be a pretty cool how to for some of you smart fellas out there.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #41
The Marshall

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5-Door, Black
Couldnt you get a replacement belt buckle from a wrecker and plug that end in if you wanted to cruise without your seatbelt? It wouldn't be the best looking mod but would work without doing anything electrical?
The Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #42
Tiddlygoose

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic Sedan SI
hahaha. I just verbally abused my dealer until they finally switched the damned thing off. Needless to say, they are no longer my dealer now.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #43
Connoisseur_of_fine_cars
Oh what a feeling

Drives: Yaris
When you disconnect the battery, does that reset the beeper option back to default?
Connoisseur_of_fine_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #44
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connoisseur_of_fine_cars View Post
When you disconnect the battery, does that reset the beeper option back to default?
No. It is a parameter that is stored in FLASH memory in the cluster's ECU.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #45
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
$20 solution:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Sea...-BPW-02-BK.htm
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #46
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
^ Just ordered mine for the LSRs! Special Instructions and all!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #47
rivadew
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 yaris
Would someone please upload page 11 from the Meter Section of the repair manual? I don't want to buy the whole manual, I just want the paperwork to show the dealer.
rivadew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #48
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivadew View Post
Would someone please upload page 11 from the Meter Section of the repair manual? I don't want to buy the whole manual, I just want the paperwork to show the dealer.
Here's the whole thing for free thanks to Micro Image:
http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...32-YARIS-FILES
Old 10-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #49
Nigel8600

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
For anyone's info around me I just took my 08 yaris into country hills Toyota here in Calgary and the rep told me $50 to disable the speed sensor seatbelt option. I said forget it I will do it myself and he just smirked saying I needed techstream.... his jaw dropped when I said I could buy techstream on eBay with the cable for less than than $25 shipped so thanks but no thanks and I will even program my own key too with it for less than $20 (new transponder key $10 and cutting from a key cutter $4) I love sticking it to companies that wayyyy over charge.