Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2021, 01:32 AM   #1
RMcG

Drives: 2008 Yaris Base Hatchback
DIN or ISO DIN for head unit installation?

I am in the process of installing an aftermarket radio/MP3 & CD player in my 2008 Yaris Hatchback that I bought from Crutchfield. Crutchfield tech support is closed and I think this is a simple question that some people on the forum know the answer to.

The radio is the Pioneer DEH-S4220BT, the In-dash Receiver Kit is the Metra 99-8216, and the wiring harness is the Metra 70-1761 Receiver Wiring Harness. The Crutchfield instructions link is here. The links to information and instructions for the two Metra products and for the Pioneer receiver are at the bottom of the page under "Product Manuals."

More specifically, the Crutchfield website instructions for the 99-8216 Receiver Kit are here and are also attached. There are two different sets of instructions for the 99-8216 Kit. One set of instructions is for "DIN radio provision with pocket" the other set of instructions is for "ISO DIN radio provision with pocket."

QUESTION: I am not sure whether my situation is DIN or ISO DIN. Does anybody know for sure?

Based on looking at this sticky Aftermarket Stereo / Speaker Specifications, it appears that the answer is ISO DIN, but I am not completely sure. Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks,

R.

MetraKitAssemblyInstructions.PDF

Last edited by RMcG; 09-02-2021 at 02:18 AM. Reason: For clarity
RMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, din, iso, kit, receiver