Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Drives: Barcelona Red
Is the Yaris Hatchback Worth It?

On April 4th I will have 5 months waiting for my Yaris. Is this car really worth the wait ? I currently do not have a car so these past five months have been hell. I was told the car would be here in 12 to 16 weeks. All this for Antilock brakes, I don't understand why the Yaris does not come with ABS brakes.
Where is my Yaris? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Same here. I ordered a 5-speed manual hatchback with the power package, alloy wheels, ABS, and side air bags. I just went over the 4-month mark and I was told that it could be up to 6 months.

I think it WILL be worth it, but in the meantime, since I sold my old vehicle, daily transportation is a difficult proposition.

It amazes me that they just don't build many Yarii optioned out, especially the stick version.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
What are you two paying for your special order Yaris'? Just curious...
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
wow, we thought we had one of the longer waiting times around, but your guys' wait time is definitely longer. we waited 14 weeks for our factory order, with the side airbags as the out-of-region special item. from our experience, we absoutely love the yaris as a milk-run and commuter car. the wife does admit that she misses riding in our "obese lexus" (sienna) since its soo damn luxurious and quiet in comparison to the yaris, but the size and nimble handling is a must to make her commute short and sweet. however, we had an alternate means of transportation while waiting for our car. if we had to metro or bus it, we probably would NOT have waited and just gotten some other sub-compact that does come with the safety features we wanted. here's hoping that yours arrives sooner rather than later...

--B

ps: oh, and we paid 600 over invoice for ours. a special order doesnt mean you have to pay sticker. with the number of yarii liftbacks on dealer lots today, the salespeople will be happy to unload these cars at below sticker...
Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
I believe mine totals out at about $15,900.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
I waited for about six weeks for mine, and I love it, well worth the wait.
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Yes, it's worth the wait. That is a long wait though, maybe not worth that long of a wait.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 AM   #8
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
Mine is 15,591 with all power, alloy wheels and abs brakes.

I am pretty pissed off today. I just saw the inventory for my dealership a car that falls the decription of the car I ordered will be delivered in two weeks. only problem is that it does not have abs brakes. I don't know what I am going to do, I am thinking of getting a sedan but feel like I shouldnt settle. This is the only car I want damn it.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
I waited 11 weeks for mine way back in 2005. WEEELLLLL worth the wait... love the car!!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #10
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Are the ABS brakes worth it?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #11
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
ABS brakes do somehting automatically that you can easily do yourself. For me, ABS wasn't necessary. In fact, I was glad I didn't get it. I can appreciate the simplicity of my base-model Yaris.

Is it worth the wait? What are you looking for? If you're looking for a small car with big room that is good on gas and will still leave you with a relatively low payment, this is it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #12
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
You know... never was a big fan of ABS. But since I got them on this car, they've saved my ass once or twice! But only in winter... you're in Florida... we have very different winters!

If it never snows there, I'm not sure I see much of a point having ABS. My $0.02
Old 03-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Zaius View Post
You know... never was a big fan of ABS. But since I got them on this car, they've saved my ass once or twice! But only in winter... you're in Florida... we have very different winters!

If it never snows there, I'm not sure I see much of a point having ABS. My $0.02
Although it does not snow, we get an awful lot of rain. I figure that if I am going to spend all that money i would be better off adding the abs which is only like 300 dollars.

I gotta go back and test drive the car without the abs and see how comfortable i feel driving it.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #14
YarisBlazer

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I'm in Tampa too!!

Hi, Tampa here too; did you order yours from Toyota on Fletcher Ave ? Or Stadium Toyota? I test-drove a Yaris sedan in August but I want the hatch; do oyu know if any dealerships here have hatches to test-drive ?
YarisBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
I test drove a Yaris in Toronto. It was a rental and I fell in love with it automatically. I was looking for a simple and fun car that I could tune up. I didn't need the power package since I had a couple of other cars at that time that offered all the luxery I needed. I wanted a fun car to drive on the twisties through the rockies and a fun daily driver to save on gas. My other two cars were 6.3 litre gas guzzlers and really didn't want to drive them except on the weekends. When I decided to get my Yaris, i wanted it simple and am happy I got it that way. I brings me back to my Datsun 510 days which I thought of as the original tuner car from Japan.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #16
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyarisowner View Post
Hi, Tampa here too; did you order yours from Toyota on Fletcher Ave ? Or Stadium Toyota? I test-drove a Yaris sedan in August but I want the hatch; do oyu know if any dealerships here have hatches to test-drive ?
Hey,

I have test driven 3 yarises. The one in fletcher has plenty to test drive same as the toyota dealership in Brandon. I test drove the Yaris in Brandon but they were charging like 600 dollars more.

This will be the last Toyota I buy. Toyota does not stand behind what they say.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
Yarisagos

Drives: Yaris
Hey guys, if your looking for a Yaris in the Tampa area. I can hook you up.
You only be paying 200 below invoice on any Yaris. Pm me and i set it up with my sale friend, hope they still have that special offer.
Yarisagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #18
Where is my Yaris?
My Sexy Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarisagos View Post
Hey guys, if your looking for a Yaris in the Tampa area. I can hook you up.
You only be paying 200 below invoice on any Yaris. Pm me and i set it up with my sale friend, hope they still have that special offer.
Thanks Yarisagos, but I already put an order for the car.

The issue right now is not the price but the cars that the Southeast region can get.