Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2010, 01:20 AM   #19
Cosmonaut
The Last Baron

Drives: 09 Polar White HB
you know when you turn fast and the car feels top heavy and feels like it wants to tip over well this bar does a great job of removing that sensation.
also experiment with your tire pressures to fit your driving comfort.

install one unless your an old lady who doesnt care how the car drives, then dont.
i have the 19mm. i thought about doing the 23mm but decided not to. overall the 19mm is more than enough for street driving.
and btw i have all completely stock suspension no mods other than the sway bar.

| UR 19mm sway |
Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #20
yariseggvvti

Drives: Yaris Hatchieback
you dont have to lower or change the shocks. I have UR set up in my car. Start with front UR upper Front Strut Bar, ebay lower tie bar(blue color), ebay(blue color) Middle Lower Bar,ebay rear support bar(bue color). UR rear sway bar(23mm), rear upper strut bar,UR Rear Lower Bar. Finally ebay cabin Bars(in front of the rear seat).

After all these bars install and makes a big diff. NO need to lower or spend extra money for something else you dont need.

All these bars are good enough on the street and making sharp turns.

One last thing good to invest on is the stainless brake lines. Now the Yaris brake is stiff than the Bimmer.
yariseggvvti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #21
SimTronik
Machinist

Drives: Yaris sedan 2010
Great, thanks for all your replys... So a rear sway bar and maybe a front strut bar should be in my prior list ? Could this help for lateral wind issues too? I Have now a yaris sedan 2010 cuz my 2009 completely passed out last winter.

(After two car hitted the rear, i had time to get out before the bing bang)

So everything can make my driving more efficient and safer, i'll take it)
SimTronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Yes, most report that it makes the Yaris more stable in cross winds.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 AM   #23
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Holy shit! That '09 is a wreck!

Best thing I did for highway instability... wheels and the right tyres.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
PumpkinSteve

Drives: Yaris SR 1.8
Can anyone in Europe tell me the best place to buy the TRD sway bar? I'm in the UK, I've found one seller on Ebay US who ships worldwide but I'd prefer to order from mainland Europe if possible.
PumpkinSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #25
yariseggvvti

Great, thanks for all your replys... So a rear sway bar and maybe a front strut bar should be in my prior list ? Could this help for lateral wind issues too? I Have now a yaris sedan 2010 cuz my 2009 completely passed out last winter.

(After two car hitted the rear, i had time to get out before the bing bang)

So everything can make my driving more efficient and safer, i'll
take it)

Looks like you must get a Roll-cage is better. Yeah, the strut bar

and rear sway(23mm) bar make a big big different of the
handling.

The money you spent on in worth a bunch, better those muffler.

Muffler just sounds like all show no go.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
SimTronik
Machinist

Haha roll- cage...
Nah it was a snowy and really f**** windy night with minimum visibility and i should have stay home.
I just hitted the side of the road. Car is wreck cuz of a pickup who didnt mind of the temperature and was going full speed.
Anyways... I still can walk. Back to subject.

So lets go for those sway bar and front strut.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
yariseggvvti

Also, the MEGAN TOYOTA YARIS 07+ LOWER REAR REAR LOWER TIE BAR selling on ebay. These bars will helps a bit too. little bit adds up its going to be a lot. The Ualtraracing bars are expensive, but you are going to love it.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #28
SimTronik
Machinist

Yeah i just seen it on ebay thanks for the info. (micro image have real better price tho)
Whats the difference between a rear sway bar and a rear lower strut brace ?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #29
yariseggvvti

Don't really know which rear lower strut brace you talking about. The shocks and spring for yaris in the rear is separate. You might talking about the lower brace bar..right under where the spring seats on.

I had install rear sway bar and rear brace bar. the different is sway bar goes to the lower beam and brace bar goes the chassis. All the bars help the car stiff up when it making a turn. No body roll and just take the turn flat in and flat out.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #30
SimTronik
Machinist

was talking about this http://shop.microimageonline.com/NIT...ace-RSB-01.htm vs a rear sway bar. Which one is more efficient and should be installed first.. for a everyday driver....
Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #31
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
do the rear sway bar first. Everyone who has done it says it has a gigantic impact on handling.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimTronik View Post
was talking about this http://shop.microimageonline.com/NIT...ace-RSB-01.htm vs a rear sway bar. Which one is more efficient and should be installed first.. for a everyday driver....
The brace is ineffective for sway/roll reduction without a proper sway bar. What it does is just create massive toe out under heavy cornering (heavy oversteer). It maintains the same horizontal distance between the two suspension points, but does not maintain the same loads, due to the pivots. It's absolutely useless without a sway bar. Just try jacking up one side and you'll see how much out of whack the toe can get with that useless thing. I have it.

Unfortunately, TRD of Japan does not have the Yaris/Vios sway bar available, and the only manufacturer is Ultra-Racing.
djct_watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #33
SimTronik
Machinist

Thanks,
last question would be: do you have to install front strut bar and rear sway bar at the same time because it would unbalance or if you start with the front strut bar it doesnt matter. (Hope this sound clear, english isn't my first language)
Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #34
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Front strut bars have minimal impact. When your suspension is made of marshmallows, your suspension compresses looooooong before your chassis flexes. And because the Yaris strut bars are so close to the firewall, they already have relatively little flex.

The inherent handling problems are due to a soft suspension, which really isn't a problem until you start cornering, and the car rolls. This can be fixed with a higher spring rate suspension, or band-aid fixed with a stiff sway bar. IMO, for street use, sway bars are the way to go.
djct_watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #35
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
trd is just overpriced. The UR sway bar is probably better in every way, plus less expensive.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #36
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djct_watt View Post
The brace is ineffective for sway/roll reduction without a proper sway bar. What it does is just create massive toe out under heavy cornering (heavy oversteer). It maintains the same horizontal distance between the two suspension points, but does not maintain the same loads, due to the pivots. It's absolutely useless without a sway bar. Just try jacking up one side and you'll see how much out of whack the toe can get with that useless thing. I have it.

Unfortunately, TRD of Japan does not have the Yaris/Vios sway bar available, and the only manufacturer is Ultra-Racing.
Toe out does not equal oversteer. Thats rotation yo.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote