Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
why should I NOT buy these rims?

I have been looking into getting some very plane jane black rims for my car. I like a black car with black rims.

I know nothing about rims and backspacing and what not. any advice would be greatly appreciated. I do not plan to lower the vehicle any and I plan to reuse the tires on the factory rims as they look to be 90%+ on tread.

I can get these rims for $85 each and get free shipping. I can also get the tires changed over for $15 each. total is going to be around $400

http://www.jcwhitney.com/air-wheel/p...id=d17496y2008

also, I am going to have some factory steelies and hubcaps extra if I do this, what do you think they are worth?

I know, a lot of questions. thanks for any replies.
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
no reason why not?? love those rims but i ended up with drag dr16 which is also one of their line up..but the one you wanted was my first pick..lighter too..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
if you just want black wheels you should check around local tire and wheel shops, odds are they have something similarly inexpensive and it will save you money on installing.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
BEEF

my area is not so big on the small imprt cars. if it were a chevy camarro then you are dead right. craigslist got me nowere as the bolt patter (4 x 100) is different from most that are being sold and they all seem either raggity or overpriced.

the shop I talked to is the one I go to regularly so they are giving me at least a descent hookup seeings as I am not actually buying anything from them.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I have more or less the same wheels, more than happy with them :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
AppleJacks716

Drives: 2010 5 Door
"why should I NOT buy these rims?" They are horrible knock offs of Desmond Regamaster EVO's. If you like giving a couple bucks to a manufacturer that has no originality get them.
AppleJacks716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
BEEF

so instead of getting the $400 rims (that is the price to have them on my car) I sould pay to get the originals at several times that price and still have to pay to swap out tires?

I'm not big into names so I really don't see the point in doing so. origniality is great when you are an artist. when you are an old guy with a kid, budget, and ex-wife to support, you pretty much get what looks good and is relatively cheap.

thanks for the input though.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Define "horrible knockoff".
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Wheel snobs.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Go for it man it's ur car. Most ppl like em, it's just it's gonna look weird because of the car not lowered. But you might like it and that's all it matters
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #11
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
DO it. Knock offs? Lol honestly it doesn't matter aslong as they can hold up too.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
SailDesign

Drives: .
I just don't buy from JC Shitney on principal. But I do usually pay more...
Go for it, they look good.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
AppleJacks716

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
so instead of getting the $400 rims (that is the price to have them on my car) I sould pay to get the originals at several times that price and still have to pay to swap out tires?

I'm not big into names so I really don't see the point in doing so. origniality is great when you are an artist. when you are an old guy with a kid, budget, and ex-wife to support, you pretty much get what looks good and is relatively cheap.

thanks for the input though.
I'd rather buy the original rather than the counterfeit. Originality comes at a price, as shown by knock offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I shouldn't need to for a guy who had 15 x 9 Work Meister S1's and runs his own tuning store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
DO it. Knock offs? Lol honestly it doesn't matter aslong as they can hold up too.
Show me a replica that is stronger than the original wheel.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJacks716 View Post
I'd rather buy the original rather than the counterfeit. Originality comes at a price, as shown by knock offs.

I shouldn't need to for a guy who had 15 x 9 Work Meister S1's and runs his own tuning store.

Show me a replica that is stronger than the original wheel.
My Enkeis got wrecked on a pot hole after a week on my way to work.

My new ones go over the same pot hole 2 times a day 5 days a week.

Are you just mad that you bought the originals and not some 'knock off' for cheaper.

Even knock off brands have good quality ones, I'm guessing you are one of those people who if their wheels aren't the PERFORMANCE BRAND they are instantly knock offs.

Also before you try asking why I don't avoid the pot hole - don't bother.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
You don't "need" to. I requested it. If you can't handle the question, that's ok by me.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
AppleJacks716

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
My Enkeis got wrecked on a pot hole after a week on my way to work.

My new ones go over the same pot hole 2 times a day 5 days a week.

Are you just mad that you bought the originals and not some 'knock off' for cheaper.

Even knock off brands have good quality ones, I'm guessing you are one of those people who if their wheels aren't the PERFORMANCE BRAND they are instantly knock offs.

Also before you try asking why I don't avoid the pot hole - don't bother.
You aren't worth any time, because you clearly have no respect for your car. Since this is a technical forum I'll get this thread back on track. Every working person has a budget and it seems that you found a wheel the fits the budget you want. Re-mounting the OE tire will work fine. Do you have TPMS? Some wheels aren't compatible with TPMS.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #17
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleJacks716 View Post
You aren't worth any time, because you clearly have no respect for your car. Since this is a technical forum I'll get this thread back on track. Every working person has a budget and it seems that you found a wheel the fits the budget you want. Re-mounting the OE tire will work fine. Do you have TPMS? Some wheels aren't compatible with TPMS.
I'm guessing you have respect for your car? Because you bought it wheels?

Lol you dodged all the questions no ones arguing just simply asking you for your input and you dodge out.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
get them...let us know how they fit and work for ya..
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote