Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #37
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
I guess I won't be using JC whitney in the future.
ive known this since 1991......
ROCKLANDTOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #38
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
cali,

I used paypal and several have said that i can easily cancel this through them and just not worry about it. I still want to do things the right way even if JC doesn't.

rockland,

I guess I have just never had that bad experience or needed their customer service.
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #39
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I'm a vendor. When I drop the ball, my customer has every right to do whatever they need to to get their money back, including getting PayPal involved.

Cancel the order, then check with them periodically to see if the wheels came in. Order again when they are in stock. And report the employee idiot who said you can't cancel the order. That is about as lame as it gets.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #40
BEEF

with them, they don't say whether it is in stock or not because it is shipped from the manufacturer. even now on their website it says the same 7-10 days shipping. I doubt very seriously that they would have told me before hand if they were backordered so I definitely would not order them again as I would end up in the same spot.

I almost don't care. I am really not in that big of a rush but at the same time I feel as if I have been lied to or to some extent taken. I don't like to be done wrong (I don't think anyone does)

my biggest hang up is that it says on their website: NOTE: Wheels sold under the "Expert Series" program are specially priced and are not returnable, and will not be refunded. Order accurately, once placed, orders can not be canceled.
and I respect that but I also do expet them to have some sort of integrety when it comes to orders that take forever.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #41
SailDesign

Drives: .
If they say 7-10 days, and then drop the ball on that, they have discarded the right to keep their other provisos. Cancel through PayPal, and tell JC Shitney to get over it.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #42
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
my biggest hang up is that it says on their website: NOTE: Wheels sold under the "Expert Series" program are specially priced and are not returnable, and will not be refunded. Order accurately, once placed, orders can not be canceled.
and I respect that but I also do expet them to have some sort of integrety when it comes to orders that take forever.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #43
BEEF

finally did an online chat with JC whitney. my assumption was the worst they could tell me was what I have already heard.

they told me that an order could be canceled as long as it had not been shipped and since it was backordered it obviously has not been shipped. they put in the request and I should have a confirmation email on monday about the order being canceled. I made a copy of our conversation for my own records. I am not holding my breath on this one but I guess I will know more on monday.

it sucks as I was hoping to have these wheels on my car by now. I guess the search continues for a set of wheels. I was actually thinking of just popping the hub caps off to see what black wheels would look like on it for a while. either that or get a set of moon disks for it. maybe get them painted black. I have always like moon disks though i could never really justify them. my other car is worth about $500 and it would be stupid to put a $100 set of hub caps on it.

idk, I am just at a point where I don't really know what to do with my car right now.

I don't ever plan to deal with JC again though. too much run around.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #44
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
finally did an online chat with JC whitney. my assumption was the worst they could tell me was what I have already heard.

they told me that an order could be canceled as long as it had not been shipped and since it was backordered it obviously has not been shipped. they put in the request and I should have a confirmation email on monday about the order being canceled. I made a copy of our conversation for my own records. I am not holding my breath on this one but I guess I will know more on monday.

it sucks as I was hoping to have these wheels on my car by now. I guess the search continues for a set of wheels. I was actually thinking of just popping the hub caps off to see what black wheels would look like on it for a while. either that or get a set of moon disks for it. maybe get them painted black. I have always like moon disks though i could never really justify them. my other car is worth about $500 and it would be stupid to put a $100 set of hub caps on it.

idk, I am just at a point where I don't really know what to do with my car right now.

I don't ever plan to deal with JC again though. too much run around.
Well done. I think that's the safest decision. There are plenty of wheel places that sell for low $$, check tirerack.com sales, 1010tires, discounttires.com, and so on.
Enjoy the hunt!
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote